Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Co-ownership of a 997.2 - Best way to jointly insure?

adegould72

Hi all,

New to the forum :). Just looking at buying a 997.2 with a friend and we will have a contract in place regarding shared ownership, both pay 50% of everything etc... Obviously only one of us can be the registered keeper. All good there but does anyone have advice on how to best insure? I have looked across the site and could not find anything (sorry if I missed it).

We are both late 40's with fully clean driving records. We both have sensible cars so the 911 is a second car for both of us. We can both get multi-car Insurance (I am with Aviva, the other guy with Admiral) but if one does this, the other is a named driver. Not ideal if the named driver has an accident as it hits the policy holders Insurance. But if we both insure the car separately, thats fine for accidents but what if the car gets stolen?

Thoughts? Anyone done this?

Big thanks (and this forum is brilliant :))

One policy with registered keeper as main driver and co-owner as named driver. Get a quote both ways round before registering the car, then register it with the cheapest main driver.

Sounds sensible to me, Alex...

What Alex said

Thanks all.

So get a brand new Insurance just for the 911 and don't link to any of our existing 1st car policies (because any named driver there would hit the policy holders no claims?).

We can't use no claims on more than one car so the 911 Insurance would not use any of our no claims anyway I guess.

So best suggestions for this? Adrian Flux good?

Huge thanks everyone and nice to be part of the club (Car arrives next week ;-))

alex yates said:
One policy with registered keeper as main driver and co-owner as named driver. Get a quote both ways round before registering the car, then register it with the cheapest main driver.

:yeah: and Welcome to 911uk. :thumb:

...........and stay clear of Adrian Flux :wink:

Perhaps speak to an Insurance broker and see what they suggest.

Personally I wouldn't go near a broker if you paid me. Always deal direct with the company providing the service.

Classicline Insurance limited miles, low premium (with no claims bonus NOT required) easy to add a driver, and for 24 quid they will do 'agreed value' at a nominal cost (24 quid) everyone wins?

Saying that you are part of our 'free club' will help save on cost :grin:

:welcome:

Why not just buy one each :dont know:

:thumb:

HSC911 said:
Saying that you are part of our 'free club' will help save on cost :grin:

:welcome:

Why not just buy one each :dont know:

:thumb:

Youre only ever going to use it for half the year, and man maths says you can then buy a car for twice as much :dont know:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cooper9000
Back