Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche Motorsport Division X51 PowerKit (320 PS/235KW)

Would it be much use without having the inlet ports reworked in the head?

vlad said:
Would it be much use without having the inlet ports reworked in the head?
The heads would have to be matched to the intake. There may be some advantage to running without that or other mods but it would be a bit of a half-arsed job.

MC

996 X51 for sale

Hello

I am selling my 2000 996 Carrera 2 coupe with X51 + M030 + GT-3 wheels + GT-3 steering wheel + sport seats + PSM +factory 5mm wheelspacers + full Exclusive leather interior.

No sunroof, no rear wiper, no parking sensors.

In other words a true 996 GTS !

Car was delivered new in Germany and came to Belgium in 2010. It now has 213.000 kms. Lots of work done the past years, with over 12.000 € on invoices, mostly from Porsche.
Recently new IMS dual row bearing (FVD) to repair oil leak, original bearing available for inspection and in good condition. Also new clutch + RMS seal, new brakes (disks, pads and hoses) and new M030.

A few modifications done to the car by me :
- center console delete to GT-3 style
- MK2 rear bumper and exhaust tips for personal taste.

Asking : 23.996 €

Re: 996 X51 for sale

kristof-vh said:
Hello

I am selling my 2000 996 Carrera 2 coupe with X51 + M030 + GT-3 wheels + GT-3 steering wheel + sport seats + PSM +factory 5mm wheelspacers + full Exclusive leather interior.

Car was delivered new in Germany and came to Belgium in 2010. It now has 213.000 kms. Lots of work done the past years, with over 12.000 € on invoices, mostly from Porsche.
Recently new IMS dual row bearing (FVD) to repair oil leak, original bearing available for inspection and in good condition. Also new clutch + RMS seal, new brakes (disks, pads and hoses) and new M030.

Sounds like a nice car. Get an ad up in the classifieds as your post above may not be seen.

Sounds like a nice enough car, but with the weak £ vs. € it makes it quite expensive for UK buyers (over £21k) considering it would be an imported (LHD?) high-mileage (132k Miles) vehicle.

Good spec though 8)

Thnx for compliments on the car. Of course LHD is not ideal for UK, but I'm sure there are EU users here on this forum that could be interested in the car.

I may have stumbled across a standard 996 C4S which has had a full engine replacement that is reported to be an X51 engine.

Whilst the X51 feature is intriguing, it's more the rest of the car that first caught my attention. The question is, how much of a premium can the seller reasonably expect since the X51 is a retrofit?

Hard to say - it's very rare, some of the parts are now NLA, and Porsche worked hard to increase airflow through the engine.

However, it's still got the weaknesses of a standard 996.2.

Therefore, my answer would be that it is worth more, but what's the mileage, and what does the borescope show?

:welcome:

Have you tried 911EU yet :grin:

Sorry, couldn't resist :thumb:

GLWS :D

jinjaninja said:
I may have stumbled across a standard 996 C4S which has had a full engine replacement that is reported to be an X51 engine.

Whilst the X51 feature is intriguing, it's more the rest of the car that first caught my attention. The question is, how much of a premium can the seller reasonably expect since the X51 is a retrofit?

If I went down the 996 C4S route then I'd get a mega miler C4S, plus this,

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/202260800830

and build my own via Porsche Torque or some other quality engine builder :?:

:thumbs:

Re: 996 X51 for sale

kristof-vh said:
Hello

X51 on a 3.4? Didn't know that was an option.

It was a more extensive set of upgrades on the 3.4 than on the 3.6 - both intake and exhaust cams, for e.g. where the 3.6 is only the exhaust cam that is X51 specific (as the intake gains variable lift from the move to VarioCam+)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back