Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Insurance Decision

My Insurance is up for renewal, with Admiral at the moment. Hastings is offering cover for almost half of my Admiral renewal.

Anyone had any dealings with Hastings? Been through any claims with them?

The return of Marty Wild said:
My Insurance is up for renewal, with Admiral at the moment. Hastings is offering cover for almost half of my Admiral renewal.

Anyone had any dealings with Hastings? Been through any claims with them?

Ive been with hastings last 2 years. Not had any claims with them so cant comment on that.

One thing I did notice is that whilst I have 26 years NCB they dropped it to 9 years as thats the max they accept. I did have them make a note that I do actually have 26 years as if I move to another company I dont want to have "lost" any. - Even though in practise I doubt 26 years NCB makes any difference over 9 years.

Classicline, the only Insurance company ive ever eben with who DONT charge to change the vehicle or admin details over!

@ Rabbit - Thanks, kind sir.

@ Mr Sponge - I see earlier in this thread someone talking about track cover, is that standard on all policies?

One of my cars is with Hastings. Not had to claim, but the admin seemed fine, albeit quite a wait on the phone.

Trustpilot reviews not especially encouraging.
https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.hastingsdirect.com

Touching lots of wood, I have made one Insurance claim in my whole driving career (Admiral, for the record, who were painless and efficient). On this basis I wing it with the cheapest cover.

Trackday cover with Classicline is included, these are the terms (on my policy, assume its standard)

6 UK trackdays for free* - please give at least seven days notice as we issue a seperate endorsement letter for each approved event.

Any Additional orgainsed Uk events * will be subject to £50 plus Ipt per event per day

All EU Trackdays whoever organises them as long as acceptable* can be covered at a charge of £200 plus Ipt per event per day

No trackdays are allowed within the first 14 days of cover.

Minimum excess 10% of the value of the vehicle or minimum of £1000 whichever is the lowest
This is in addition to your normal policy excess.
No Windscreen or breakdown cover.
No Third party or Personal Injury Cover

Thanks, Rob. When I got her, Hastings did me a quote that was not much more than my R32 was. But then, I read bad reviews and basically spent double on Admiral.

Now I'm renewing for the second time, Hastings offering £243 really is catching my eye. I kinda feel that high street Insurance is a rip off, they don't give you what the car is worth to you. It's almost just jumping through hoops so you're all nice and legal.

@ MJA - Thanks for that info, I wonder at how much of a premium agreed valuation and track days comes at?! Will see how much they want.

agreed valuation really important, otherwise you get glasses guide price which will not buy you a comparable car and if anything more serious than some panel damage can lead to the car being written off due to the lower glasses guide price and high list cost of Porsche parts

How does one go about getting it agreed in value by both parties then?

MJA911 said:
Trackday cover with Classicline is included, these are the terms (on my policy, assume its standard)

6 UK trackdays for free* - please give at least seven days notice as we issue a seperate endorsement letter for each approved event.

Any Additional orgainsed Uk events * will be subject to £50 plus Ipt per event per day

All EU Trackdays whoever organises them as long as acceptable* can be covered at a charge of £200 plus Ipt per event per day

No trackdays are allowed within the first 14 days of cover.

Minimum excess 10% of the value of the vehicle or minimum of £1000 whichever is the lowest
This is in addition to your normal policy excess.
No Windscreen or breakdown cover.
No Third party or Personal Injury Cover

So, the track day Insurance covers you, s/t an excess, but does not cover a third party?

So what happens if you T bone a McLaren F1 on a track day? Are you on the hook for zillions?

Don't track day organisers insist that everyone has Insurance that will cover someone they run into?

Robertb said:
Don't track day organisers insist that everyone has Insurance that will cover someone they run into?

Track Day Organisers don't check what Insurance cover you have.

It's down to participants to decide what level of cover they have if any. If you had a crash with a McLaren it would be down to each of you to claim on your own Insurance for your own car repairs.

easternjets said:
Direct Line were my best quote and they don't appear on Meerkat sites so worth phoning for a quote, although if you have other policies with them you get a discount.

I too am with Direct Line. Decent prices and just as importantly easy to reach and my experience with their telephone sales staff has only been positive. I once went with Adrian Flux, won't ever make that mistake again.

The return of Marty Wild said:
How does one go about getting it agreed in value by both parties then?

Varies by insurer, with Classicline you can pay them a fee for their valuation service or they will accept an independent valuation from a reputable source such as PCGB members valuation service. In both cases you fill out a form of details about your car and provide exterior, interior, engine bay, instrument panel photos. Alternatively they have accepted a valuation letter about one of my cars from the independent dealer I bought it from as they regarded that as a reputable source.

Had an amazing quote from 'Classicline', they have beaten the Admiral quote. With less excess, agreed value, track days, Legal and Breakdown.

At £414 really does seem to be a no brainer, have since got Admiral down to £282 with haggling and a few trimmings.

So Hastings at circa £250, Admiral £282 or ClassicLine for just over 400 sheets. Which is less than I paid Admiral last year. Should have called them before now.

As for agreed value, he said I would need to send in 6 pics... no mention of any third party valuation. Guess because the Cayman isn't worth crazy money compared to a lot of the motors on here?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back