Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Help!....PSM and ABS warning light

Ok...taken the fuse out and run the engine but brakes still locked on solid! Steering is fine.

Ok .. Brakes all locked on and i think its the master cyl .. the C4 i worked on a few years back turned out to be a bent retaining pin in the master cyl .. the customer liked to drive it agressively and often had the PSM kick in .. some how this caused a back pressure in the master cyl and led to this happening .

We cracked the brake pipes at the master cyl to reduce the pressure and enable the car to be moved ... you could crack off each brake caliper in turn to reduce pressure as well .

For you this is a garage job as im guessing here and the above fault is something ive only seen once BUT it was a C4 so thats all ive got im afraid .

Thanks guys for all your help...will have to get the AA to recover me to a garage on a flatbed!! :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back