Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Topgear 911 997.2 Silencer Bypass Group Buy

I an interested however would like to know the all up costs of shipping this to New Zealand ....

318touring said:
...would like to know the all up costs of shipping this to New Zealand ....

I went to the TG site using the link in the OP, temporarily added the bypass to my cart, and selected California as the shipping destination. It came back with £70 for shipping.

You could replicate those steps to calculate shipping to NZ.

Karl.

Hi all

My car already has a gundo hack. How much further improvement would there be to the sound if I install this silencer bypass to the car?

Cheers

With the centre silencer in place, you can't hear the car sing properly. I would have started with the bypass.

Magic919 said:
With the centre silencer in place, you can't hear the car sing properly. I would have started with the bypass.

Will it be overkill having both mods?

I have seen some of the videos when the car is stationary being revved and yes it sounds good. I was wondering what is sounds like doing 70 on a motorway if the deeper note would be too loud and annoying. At least with PSE you can turn it off.

I've never switched off PSE once on the move. I. Do Euro trips and it's not wearing.

wjk_glynn said:
318touring said:
...would like to know the all up costs of shipping this to New Zealand ....

I went to the TG site using the link in the OP, temporarily added the bypass to my cart, and selected California as the shipping destination. It came back with £70 for shipping.

You could replicate those steps to calculate shipping to NZ.

Karl.

Yup, I know that, what I wanted to get to is the exact total including the discount as part of the group buy. Is it £266.67 (excl. VAT) minus the 20% group buy deal? Which should be the case.

318touring said:
Yup, I know that, what I wanted to get to is the exact total including the discount as part of the group buy. Is it £266.67 (excl. VAT) minus the 20% group buy deal? Which should be the case.

Taking 20% off the VAT included price and then removing the VAT will give the same figure.

318touring said:
...Is it £266.67 (excl. VAT) minus the 20% group buy deal? Which should be the case.

In the first post, TG said 'price of £256 including VAT and shipping".

Presumably that's with their 'free' shipping option in the UK.

So I took the £256, removed the VAT (by dividing by 1.2), and added the international shipping cost to my location to generate my estimate. That should be similar/same as to what TG will send out in PM later this week.

Group discount buy

Count me in as a serious buyer for the whole cat back system - main silencers and the cross over delete for the secondary, which really are a complete waste on every car that I ever owned.

Hi all,

Sorry if the math is somewhat confusing. Suffice to say, VAT is not charged by our site unless it needs to be. The price given of £256 including VAT and shipping is to UK. Individual international buyers exact price will vary but without VAT being charged it should be comparable to UK or only a bit more expensive.

Have just sent 9/20 coupon codes out including a couple of requests via e-mail. So, still 11 people left to benefit from this group buy if they want in.

Coming back to individuals ref questions as soon as I can, please bear with me. I've answered most within the PM's.

Thanks for this, have my code. Just want to make sure it fits 997.2 with PSE which someone else has asked. If you haven't already could you please post the answer to this question?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qdunrpvcxsty
Back