Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C4 fuel filter change advice

Kbald

Hi i am chaning the fuel filter on my c4 and its by the coolant expansion tank and from reading up this should just clip on and off and make it easy to change. I cant for the life of me see the clip though and all thats there is a jubilee clip holding it on.

Am i missing something or were some filters just jubilee clipped on and some had the clip on method? From watching a you tube video it looks a real pain to do if it doesnt clip on and off. Has anyone done it and can provide any pimters? Thanks

You undo the jubilee clip then slide it with the filter and it will detach from the coolant tank .. once off then all will become clear .

Basically the jubilee clip goes over a bracket on the tank .. when you undo it you slide it i think towards you but might be away from you and it will detatch .. you then wiggle it out .

Not sure this helps much as i dont remember it being as hard as he seems to make out .. but ive not done one in a while .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6ootEumHAc

Attachments

• gt3_2_2010_1_07_107_05_181.jpg
    gt3_2_2010_1_07_107_05_181.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 891
Thats the video i watched and he make it look like a right faff. Cant be that hard. Will get plenty of rags in there and plug the pipe with a golf tee when removed and use the cap for the new one on the old while removing to prevent too much spillage i think. Bit of giggling and it should be fine. Must just be the turbos that have the clip on them then as thats the guide i found.

Thanks Demort :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back