Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 detail questions

Martin Rose said:
I did find that I was driving with the PDK in Sport "auto" mode most of the time, only using the paddles occasionally. The PDK box really is so good it can make you very lazy.

I think that this is right: it is too easy to just leave the car in the default auto mode and just waft around. It's a little bit odd for a sports car, which should be in sport/manual all the time. I suppose it's all about the emissions. I'd prefer it if the modes were eco-normal-sport instead of auto-sport-sport+. :what:

On the other hand, the other car - which is a six speed manual - is almost completely impossible not to drive like an utter berk. You have to force yourself to calm down, change up, and stop making a racket. :wack:

Stripes.

Getting back to the enquiry about adding some external colour to break up the single heavy blue or in my case grey body, I selected to mimic the 911R limited edition 991.
Yes, I loved the single colour grey when I first bought the car 4 years ago, especially when the sun hit it at the correct angle, but mostly the sun is either missing or too high in the sky to give that colour change.
I was careful to select an over the body strip (very similar to the 911R) but in the same red as the Porsche frunk badge.
I do remember posting pics on here, and received some pretty bad comments (no names given) from Forum Members, but I do generally receive positive comments from everyone whenever I go to Events like the Sunday Service run by Pistonheads.
I still love the change, which being a decal is very easily removed if/when I sell.

Attachments

• img_1693s_307.jpg
    img_1693s_307.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 2,597
  • img_0162b_363.jpg
    img_0162b_363.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 2,597
Phil that car looks fantastic. You cannot beat a freshly buffed up dark colour imho. The console paint job does lift the interior nicely. My midnight blue leather interior is like being in a darkened room in a power cut. Where are the candles?

As to the PDK, I have taken the advise given earlier here and am driving the car in manual, in fact I have yet to try the slushmatic position. And as Max says it is very difficult not to drive the car like a total berk. The default drive away position is manual and pse selected. Its just very childish, but lots of fun.

As regards stripes, Dave, I see what you have done there. I like side stripes but am on the fence as regards the double stripes down the middle. Not sure they are paddling my own particular canoe, but they certainly make the car stand out.

I have a feeling that stripes look better when they are dark, on a lighter car. But here are a couple of stripe designs that I quite like.

Cheers Rick

My simple approach was not to reinvent the wheel, so if the Porsche Design Studio, with it's highly paid Stylists came up with the scheme (I copied) on the much loved 911R Special Edition, why argue with their expertise?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back