Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Engine Rebuild by RedTek... how long will it last?

Nick at Redtek has an excellent reputation. He would have used Westwood iron liners (which cannot score). Talking to RPMTechnik a few years ago, their first 997 CSR engine was rebuilt by Nick at Redtek and they went with iron liners knowing the car would be used hard on track. As long as the rest of the car is what you want, I personally would be very happy and feel pretty secure knowing the engine had been rebuilt by Nick and all liners replaced.

PS I don't want to get into a Westwood iron Vs Hartech Nikasil liner debate. I personally think the Hartech solution is best and went that way on my own 997 3.9 rebuild, but an iron liner FITTED CORRECTLY will also work perfectly well and last forever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back