Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rear seat belt locked after removal

Donstanley

Trainee
2006 Carrera 2S

I have removed the rear seat belt to gain aceesss behind it to install some sound deadening.

Prior to removal it was working normally i.e. it extended and retracted normally.

After removal it became locked as it would under heavy braking or in an accident. It remains locked after shaking and holding it in different positions. It has now retracted so much the belt is too short to enable it to be refitted.

Any advice much appreciated.

Difficult one im afraid .. you have to hold it in the same position that it will be when fitted to the car .. you have to push the belt in a bit to free off the mechanism in able to pull the belt out.

If there is no free play at all to do this then it will remain locked .. but normally there is just about enough.

I strongly suggest refitting the seat belt then trying to push in then pull out the fabric.

If totally jammed then you have nothing to loose by taking it appart and trying to fix it.

When I have had this in the past, when its installed in its orginal position, just bang the panel outside of it, this usually drops the locking mechanism. But it seems you have nothing left to play with so it may need to strip it down to release it?

I have taken them apart but it was a very long time ago and I can't remember the sequence but I think you take one side off and flip the belt back one loop BUT you have a very fiddly system and springs that can easily go walkies.

EDIT, just saw this, worth trying.

Rear seat belt locked after rmoval

I had a couple of PM's from Iain (deMort) which I tried to reply to without success, hence this post.

Managed to refit belt and it worked perfectly straight away, so many thanks to Iain for his suggestions, also thanks for reply from infrasilver.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back