Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Chassis winter protection and aluminium corrosion.

Johnd52

Can anyone recommend a suitable product for spraying on the underside of the car to give better protection against winter salt and other nasties. In particular I want to minimise the corrosion on the aluminium hubs, suspension arms etc. I have in mind something that can be applied once a month or so, and then cleaned off in the spring.

Similarly, I am looking for suggestions on what to use to clean these parts when they get the black blotches on them.

Many thanks.

Another vote for Bilt Hamber Dynax UC

I use it a lot so buy it in 5l and use a spray gun :thumb:

Can be removed with Brake Cleaner if needed without too much trouble.

Phil 997 said:
Have a look at ACF-50 , :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

http://www.acf-50.co.uk/acf-50.htm

That's the best stuff. A lot of other semi-permanent wax types tend to be tacky so a lot of ***** can stick to it. Whereas 'sticks to the road like shiote to a blanket' is a useful analogy for road holding, sticking to the underside of the car ain't :thumb:

Motorcyclists swear by the stuff

ACF-50 is another very good product - I use it on both my bikes (and many others). Easy to apply and easy to remove.

I haven't noticed any ***** sticking to the Bilt Hamber Dynac UC though as it stays soft but dry to the touch when cured and offers a heavier level of protection.

Another great product is Bilt Hamber Atom-Mac as it neutralises salt on contact - one for the winter months

:thumb:

Has any one tried Bilt Hamber ATOM-MAC?

Thanks for the recommendations. Time to get going before the weather gets really cold.

(Gritters were out on A1 near Berwick 10 days ago)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back