Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 Gen2 led rear lights

Britince

Hi.
My rear right cluster has failed, almost certainly due to water ingress. I've read much about this being a common fault and have dismantled, cleaned and dried inside without success. I know the connection is fine as the left side unit works when connected.
Can you buy replacement pcb boards for inside the lights?
If not, what is the cheapest replacement option? (I have tried suggested breakers/eBay etc)
Any for sale on here?
Thanks.

The RHS one is often the first to go. Never seen any replacement parts. I've only got them from Porsche. Carparts4less list them I recall.

Problem with buy-in used is that you just dont know if they were removed for the same issue . these various threads about either removing a blue round tab to allow air to circulate or drilling small holes in the underside , lots have had success doing these things :thumb:

There are a couple of black round stickers. No blue bits that I've seen.

The Slovenian ones are problematic and the German ones the updated hardware.

When dried out they can show as faulty at first. Mine cleared after second use.

I removed the round black stickers on mine (Dec 2009 car) as a pre-emptive measure, when the bumper was off for something else.

Didn't see any blue tabs.

Ah maybe they are black then :grin: colour blindness and I never knew , Still at least I am sure my car is red :grin: :grin: :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back