Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche Classic Project Gold - the return of the 993?

Project Gold

Project Gold Sold at £2,433,500 Wow!!

Bidding breaks $1m then $2m then $3m

Before ending at $3.1 million

Plus buyers fees

The they still need to collect the car from Stuttgart !

Attachments

• 4e53ab7f_7c98_4001_8016_9ccb7d485346_895.png
    4e53ab7f_7c98_4001_8016_9ccb7d485346_895.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 3,747
911UK said:

Plus buyers fees

The they still need to collect the car from Stuttgart !

:eek:

Are people insane :dont know:

Being gold then it must have gone to the UAE :grin:

:thumb:

HSC911 said:
911UK said:

Insane ? ........ for a one off piece of art that you could enjoy looking at every day. :dont know:

I certainly know I'd rather have 100 similarly priced cars rather than ONE 'Salvator Mundi'.

Apart from also needing a much bigger man cave to keep the collection in. :D

Is the top cover to the intercooled made of carbon-fibre / was that a turbo S part?

Also the lettering on it - looks like it might read turbo WLS II

what does that mean?

thanks pzero :)

Power was leveled up to WLS II level with 450 bhp. The 993 Turbo was also available with factory tuning called WLS (Werksleistungssteigerung for factory performance upgrade), WLS II an extra 42 bhp (450 bhp). Porsche produced 160 turbo S and 185 WLS II with the big S-package of which this is one.

I had never heard that term used before!

tim993 said:
thanks pzero :)

Power was leveled up to WLS II level with 450 bhp. The 993 Turbo was also available with factory tuning called WLS (Werksleistungssteigerung for factory performance upgrade), WLS II an extra 42 bhp (450 bhp). Porsche produced 160 turbo S and 185 WLS II with the big S-package of which this is one.

I had never heard that term used before!

New one on me too.

T8 said:
HSC911 said:
911UK said:

Insane ? ........ for a one off piece of art that you could enjoy looking at every day. :dont know:

I certainly know I'd rather have 100 similarly priced cars rather than ONE 'Salvator Mundi'.

Apart from also needing a much bigger man cave to keep the collection in. :D

I look at my wife''s as every day...bit i'd like to drive it :drive:

I guess its for charideee...

No doubt for the person that bought it, £2.4m is neither here nor there and is probably tax allowable in some way.

It was a bespoke car that took Porsche 18 months to build.

I can't help but think it was a missed opportunity to build something genuinely unique, such as Ferrari have done previously:
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/ferrari-sp38-revealed-latest-488-gtb-based-one
https://www.motortrend.com/news/ferrari-builds-one-off-sp12-ec-for-eric-clapton-210937/

A bit of useless information however maybe of interest to some!!

'Porsche Classic has also created two 'Project Gold"-inspired genuine parts as a special treat for all 993 owners. Porsche customers can opt to upgrade their vehicles with a new aluminium tank cap (available for all 911 models from the years 1980 to 1998) and a black tail pipe"

Utterly pointless and no doubt bought by the same variety of tool that buys those silly Astons that you can't drive anywhere.

Makes a Singer look like good value!!!

Mike_993 said:
A bit of useless information however maybe of interest to some!!

'Porsche Classic has also created two 'Project Gold"-inspired genuine parts as a special treat for all 993 owners. Porsche customers can opt to upgrade their vehicles with a new aluminium tank cap (available for all 911 models from the years 1980 to 1998) and a black tail pipe"

Form an orderly queue folks...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back