Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 heater suddenly completely stopped.

carkid

I was out and about recently in my 993- I had the heater blowing in the footwell and windscreen- everything was fine. Now this morning nothing works - no blower at all, nothing.
Any ideas?

Popped a new fuse in slot number 1 in the fuse box and away we go.....
As a Porsche owner I naturally feared the worst and I'm happy it was trivial and not something that involved spending £500

But what caused the fuse to blow?

That might be the concern now!

Although, to be fair, fuses can age and blow just because of it.

Just a thought.

Les Richards said:
But what caused the fuse to blow?

That might be the concern now!

Although, to be fair, fuses can age and blow just because of it.

Just a thought.

Lol - I don't care what caused it to blow!- it's working now so I'll keep
my head down and hope for the best.....!

A blown 30A fuse should not be taken lightly.
Fuse 1 feeds both the Climate Control Unit and the two main hvac blower motors. One or both motors has probably seized due to worn-out bearings and needs to be changed. The fuse blows when the fan run at full speed and the dry and worn-out bearings heat up.
Any oil on the bearings will only produce a burnt smell in the cabin, and not be a lasting solution to this problem.
Pull off the two pollen filter covers and rotate the fan manually to find the one that not spin freely.
Cheers,
Tore

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back