Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Finally saying hello for the first time...

911rpd

So I've been on here for a fair amount of time now and finally getting around to introducing myself, but first off thank you all for the info on this site - its been invaluable to me in the purchase process!

Its taken 10 months of looking and finally I ended up with the spec that I wanted from day one - I must have seen/driven about 8-10 cars before this turned up.

MY08 C2S Manual, PSE, Atlas Grey, Carrera Sport Wheels, Hard back seats - thats it - I was looking for something that didn't have loads of extras on it - to save weight & its a 3rd car so not bothered about lecky seats or cruise control etc.... I've only turned the radio on twice and the first time was to make sure it worked.

So far I've had the paint corrected on it and wow never knew a 'grey' car would have flecks of blue/green in it but its stunning now.
Had one of the rads changed under a warranty claim - pretty lucky as the chaps at Cridfords (serviced the car since it came out of OPC) said they never pay out on those, a great result as the trip to FoS was a lot cooler...
All the bolts on the exhaust have been swapped over, new tandem oil pump, new battery, air filter has been changed along with the induction pipe - then I pulled the PSE cord out, gotta love giving the neighbours a little nudge early on a Sunday morning!

The immediate to do list is; fit the SSK (I got it two months ago), low oil temp and 3rd radiator, RSS mounts and sort out the steering wheel - not sure what to do yet but its way too thin for my liking.

The dilemma now is the car is not sitting right to me, its a little high - I've seen a few threads on this but I'm unsure to go for a set of H&K springs (yes seen the group buy and tempted!) to drop the car and fill the arch gap or go for a total overhaul... but thats another thread which I'll get around to some day! (This one has taken at least 6mths!)

Needless to say I am over the moon with my 'new' toy - still have to turn around and look at it every time I park it!

with a picture :thumb:

Attachments

• image1_1_791.jpeg
    image1_1_791.jpeg
    416.6 KB · Views: 2,689
:welcome:

Great looking car! :thumbs:

Get Jack to re-cover your steering wheel. Adding a single 2mm layer transforms the weedy feel, but does not look overly bulky. Best mod I have made to my car! http://royalsteeringwheels.com/

Attachments

• 20171021_114802_109.jpg
    20171021_114802_109.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 2,665
:welcome: to 911uk and to 911 ownership.

Nice intro, great car. :thumb:

:welcome: to 911uk.

Yes, Atlas grey is an interesting colour. Depending on where the sun is or isn't will depend on how it pops in the light.
Nice wheels. :thumb:

LOL Thanks Iain :grin:
Welcome to the forum , you have a lovely looking car. now did I hear you mention mods :grin: :grin: :grin:
Steering wheel , cheapest option is a retrim from Royal or DesignLS or you could retrofit a gen2 wheel as yours is a manual you shouldnt need a newer steering control module, so just the gen2 wheel and airbag.

Ride height , yes as you hint at coilovers are the best option but at 2k to 2.5k costly , leaving the cheaper option of lowering springs techart group buy happening at the moment these will give a PASM car a 15mm drop or H&R these will drop the car a bit more like 20/25mm.

You said you have done the induction hose resonator plug mod have you also fitted a BMC filter.

finally some hubcentric spacers most go 7mm front and 15mm rear . then you should be good , until you feel the urge to do a few more bits :grin: :grin:

:welcome: Great looking car :thumb: Good choice of first mods, +1 for Jack at Royal Steering Wheels, great service and good price too. Think the steering wheel was my first mod, 2mm thicker makes a huge difference in feel!

IMG-1558.jpg

As mentioned before I think, I've an Atlas c4s and love the colour - yours looks lovely and I WANT YOUR WHEELS! : )

I'm two months ahead of you on the mods, and my 2p is that:
Ssk is a wise number 1
I'd really consider the bmc filter and induction kit next
I got the 7/15mm spacers and have been really pleased with those

In terms of the Royal steering wheel I had one made for my m3. The value and quality are superb. One thing though - I had an alcantara item with the 12 o'clock mark and as awesome as it looked, I actually didn't like the extra width and the thin 997 wheel was one thing I couldn't wait to get back to! All very personal but try and get a feel of one before commiting IMHO.

:welcome:

Lovely looking car and have to agree- those wheels look great. I've just had the Alex Yates modded SSK fitted and it's superb. One of the best mods I've done so far.

Also joined the Techart springs group buy as I also think the car sits just that wee bit too high.

Anyhow, nice car and health to enjoy. :thumbs:

Welcome - car looks stunning!

Nice mods done so far, I'm also tempted by SSK.

I'm also a fan of the 'less is more' approach.

:thumb:

Welcome! Another 911 newbie here, also with an Atlas grey C2S :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back