Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gen 2 owners - oil consumption?

I wonder if Optimax use reduces the carbon build up as they claim?

The problem is due to direct injection so there is no fuel wash over the valves .. fuel type unfortunatly wont work imho .. but id love to be proved wrong or for someone to point me in the direction of a cheap ish cleaning solution.

After all this is only going to get worse as the cars get older and i need a solution to offer customers going forward :)

That would work but removing the inlet mainifolds would make it a bigish job .. i was more thinking is there some company that can run a solution into the inlet tract (engine running ) that might do the job ..

Hence asking here if anyone knows or has had this sort of cleaning done.

deMort said:
That would work but removing the inlet mainifolds would make it a bigish job .. i was more thinking is there some company that can run a solution into the inlet tract (engine running ) that might do the job ..

Hence asking here if anyone knows or has had this sort of cleaning done.
Forte https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/123057179680

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/273502742719

Superb stuff. If not cured then, do it twice. :thumb:

Aghhhh Yes .. so simple i had not thought of it ..

Ive used Forte many times in a previous life and it is one of the best out there .

Also a quote ..

Forté Advanced Formula Gas Treatment is compatible with High Pressure Direct Injection petrol engine

Now all i need is a gunnie pig at work to test it on lol

Cheers :thumb:

Having not used any of these type of products before, is it just a case of adding a bottle to a fresh tank of fuel? How does it 'wash' the inlet valves on a non-DFI engine / DFI engine?
I might have a little YouTube search and see what's what.

Does this kind of stuff work? Wasn't sure if they're nothing more than snake oil? Also, I'd understood that the 99 Ron fuels have additives added to help clean injectors and the like?

Not a question i can answer but i can say ive used Forte in the past ( pre porsche ) and its pretty good stuff.

this for me would be a call to the manufactuor confirming its fine for Porsche .. which to be honest from the write up i cant see why not .

It would need a bore scope of the valves before and after to confirm it does work .

it would also need a car with buildup and someone willing to pay for all this to prove it and thats probably the hardest part .

i dont represent my company and they wont pay for something like this if i ask .. just a mechanic im afraid .

For me though ... its a possible avenue to explore which may help in the future .

Non dfi doesnt really need this .. the fuel wash helps clean the valves .. as for dfi im unsure so testing is the only way forward .

Having not used any of these type of products before, is it just a case of adding a bottle to a fresh tank of fuel? How does it 'wash' the inlet valves on a non-DFI engine / DFI engine?
I might have a little YouTube search and see what's what.

You add the bottle to the fuel tank .. so it will take a while to work .. im guessing 2 bottles would be more effective .

But i cant endorse this product .. i can only say its been pretty good in the past but on non Porsche .

Repeating a previous post isnt helpfull .. ask the questions and ill do my best :)

deMort said:
You add the bottle to the fuel tank .. so it will take a while to work .. im guessing 2 bottles would be more effective .

But i cant endorse this product .. i can only say its been pretty good in the past but on non Porsche .

Repeating a previous post isnt helpfull .. ask the questions and ill do my best :)
Sorry, I didn't repeat the question - my iPad plays silly bu@@ers occasionally and makes me look even more daft than I am! I have noticed a few other repeated posts from others that seem to reappear after many minutes so seems a different issue to the normal duplicate post!!
:thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back