Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Exhaust heat shield over catalytic converter?

Richtw

Monza
crawling around under my car I have found a loose heat shield over the catalytic converter. It would seem that there is a bracket actually on the cat that the heat shield is bolted too? It would appear to be rusted to nothing? Does this sound right or am I not looking at it properly?

If the bracket is on the cat is it a new cat/ weld a new bracket on to the existing cat?? Someone must have come across this already?

Yup .. many times ..

The bracket rusts through and causes it to rattle but its on the engine side it normally rots through cat side from memory and its just a cover .. downside is to replace it you have to remove the lambda sensor ..

or .. cough .. cut it off .. cough .. sorry i have a cold and ramble due to the fever !

2 different parts depending on which side but this is a link for one of them ..

https://www.scuderiacarparts.com/pa...0930/heat-protection-catalytic-converter.html

Attachments

• cddb73f943fb16510b3c208b8008de3e_742.jpg
    cddb73f943fb16510b3c208b8008de3e_742.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 1,097
Thanks Iain - best course of action lemsip and whiskey. For the heat shield just cut it off and ignore it or replace?? ;)

Thanks.

I edited my post which you might not have seen ..

Official answer .. replace it of course ..

Un official answer .. well ive seen cars with them missing the same as ive seen gen 1 cars with the heat shield on them missing .. not seen one with a problem due to that so far .

Thank you sir as ever. Hope you feel a bit better in the morning!!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SondeMadiu
Back