Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 C4S replacment susension advice

Pmac32

I have a 2002 C4S which needs a suspension overhaul.
Fitting new top mounts, shocks and springs etc and wondered what other people had fitted.
I have looked at Ohlins, Bilstein etc and really don't know what to do or where to start.
Ive never had a problem with the way the standard car drives/handles and don't want anything overaly harsh.
The car is mainly used at weekends and isn't a daily driver.
I like the idea of dropping it a little purely for aesthetics.
If i put MO30 or Bilstein B6 on the car will it sit lower?
Am i correct in thinking it has B4 or the equivilant on as standard?
Any advice appreciated.

Where are you based, there are several of us around London with modded suspension...

M030 is only a 10mm drop, so not really noticeable.

H&R springs will give you s 30mm drop, but you'll need coil overs to get it lower than that.

M030 is the standard suspension on C4S and Turbo.

You need to PM charandhinsa and ask if he will send you some photos of his car to see what H&R springs do.

This is what a brand new MO30 set up looks like. If you want the slammed look don't bother. It's not that noticeable. Go down the HR route.

I use mine everyday so didn't want to go too low.

Full suspension refresh cost:-
£1200 MO30
£500 Top Mounts
£1000 labour (included a factory numbers alignment)

Car feels strong and stable through the bends. No regrets. Makes a 16 year old car feel like it could easily handle another 16 years!!

Cheers,
BK :thumb:

Attachments

• e78591ff_b3e6_4df8_b7e1_3a26acb7d8a0_177.jpeg
    e78591ff_b3e6_4df8_b7e1_3a26acb7d8a0_177.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 1,835
It's the springs that define the ride height unless you have coil overs which you can rack the spring platform up and down on to alter ride height.
Eibach springs give a modest drop over m030 springs which you already have and are comparable in ride comfort. H&r springs are a little stiffer and a touch lower
You can put lowering springs or your mo30 springs with bilstein dampners b4 are equivalent to what you have or b6 sports give a slightly harder but more controlled ride. Koni sport dampners are another option and they have adjustable dampning so you can alter a bit between comfort and control.

Coil overs bilstein/ohlins/kw etc are way more adjustable for ride and height as mentioned but probably going to ultimately be a harder ride plus way more expensive. Good options but may be more than what it sounds like you are looking for.

DynoMike said:
M030 is the standard suspension on C4S and Turbo.

You need to PM charandhinsa and ask if he will send you some photos of his car to see what H&R springs do.

I did a lot of searching on this when I was selecting dampers and there was nothing stating the the C4S has M030. All I could find was that it was 10mm lower. The parts catalogue differentiates between C4S and m030.

Can you point me in the direction of the information on this as I would like to have it in my records thanks

Having had a 996 40 year, which has M030, I can say the C4S suspension was nothing like it.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back