Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche UK to sell x20 special edition restorations

jonttt

Porsche Great Britain is participating in the upcoming NEC Classic Motor Show with 20 beautiful restored models that are never seen before.

As part of the company's celebrations for the brand's 70th anniversary, Porsche will reveal ten examples of the first-generation Boxster, along with air-cooled, water-cooled and transaxle cars that are perfectly restored by Porsche Centers and Porsche Recommended Repairers.

All models feature a bespoke interior and a commemorative plaque while each was also finished in 'Liquid Metal' silver, previously available only on the 918 Spyder. Every restoration used genuine parts from Porsche Classic's catalogue, as well as original accessories like navigation and vehicle tracking systems.

Porsche will have a second display on the show as well, featuring a series of race-prepared first-gen Boxster S models that competed in the company's 'Restoracing' competition that included six races at Silverstone and Brands Hatch. The special racing series was organized to celebrate 20 years since the first Boxster arrived and each race car features a livery inspired by Porsche's racing history.

Last but not least, Porsche will also showcase the 'Project 70' race car, which is based on a 1965 short-wheelbase 911 that's powered by a 2.0-liter engine. The race car was prepared by UK's four Porsche Classic Partner in collaboration with Road & Road Restorations, and participated in races driven by legends such as Richard Attwood, Derek Bell, and Anthony Reid.

https://www.carscoops.com/2018/10/porsche-sell-20-perfectly-restored-special-edition-models/amp/

00e80e50-porsche-classic-uk-07-768x512.jpg

1ee27ec1-porsche-classic-uk-08-768x512.jpeg

ef2325e0-porsche-classic-uk-03.jpeg

Hmm. So any guesses for how much £ for a restored Boxster. :?:

I saw the Boxters in various stages of being built at Poole accident repair centre, a project between them as the regions approved repair centre and OPC Bournemouth, beautiful colour liquid Metal :thumb:

Attachments

• img_3033_621.jpg
    img_3033_621.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 2,402
  • img_3030_113.jpg
    img_3030_113.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 2,402
  • img_3031_207.jpg
    img_3031_207.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 2,402
I reckon they might get £10k for the Boxster.

MC

10k plus Porsche Tax = £££££k

Great pics Phil, looks like you unwittingly got a spy scoop!

I can't really see the point of doing the Boxsters, for the simple reason that there is a limit to what £ they could charge vs a 981.

Look great though, as a labour of love.

How about a series of restored aerokit Mk1 996s, with LSDs... 8)

I think the boxsters will sell for more than a nice 981 can be had for, that's the beauty of the Porsche brand :thumb:

Robert b
Watch this space i know there is a 996 with aero kit being done

Budgiec4s said:
Robert b
Watch this space i know there is a 996 with aero kit being done

Please expand on that....

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo