Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gen 2 not intended as a scare story and is just my Car

mikeluke said:
Fair point but both would be high maintenance!

I know which one I'd rather be under when changing my oil during a good service.

:thumb: Ba-dum Dum Tsssshh

Please tell me it's got a warranty :eek: otherwise there's trouble ahead

I suppose it's as good as it could be in the circumstances Phil. :thumb:
Aftermarket modification which must be a HUGE sigh of relief to you and the fellow Gen2 guys.

I'm dropping mine in for a service (at Hartech) next week; any little jobs you want doing while i'm there??! :thumbs:

brownspeed said:
I suppose it's as good as it could be in the circumstances Phil. :thumb:
Aftermarket modification which must be a HUGE sigh of relief to you and the fellow Gen2 guys.

I'm dropping mine in for a service (at Hartech) next week; any little jobs you want doing while i'm there??! :thumbs:

:floor: :floor: Yes mate get a feather and tickle Baz until he agrees to knock the price of a rebuild down :grin: :grin: :grin:

I am relieved its not a flaw with the gen2 and accept when we mod sometimes things happen , Although could have been avoided if I had realised the whole exhaust wasnt cargraphic and a nasty cheap bit of kit had been left on the car. the good news is this is what it will be replaced with to complete the system MANIFOLDS WITH 200 CELL HJS T38 CARGRAPHIC EXCLUSIVE TRIMETAL HD CATALYTIC CONVERTERS :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I think this has to be the top of the one off faults ive ever seen or herd of to be honest .

very unlucky .. i doubt anyone would have this happen again.

Sorry young man .. Neither james nor me would ever have guessed at this .

deMort said:
I think this has to be the top of the one off faults ive ever seen or herd of to be honest .

very unlucky .. i doubt anyone would have this happen again.

Sorry young man .. Neither james nor me would ever have guessed at this .

Thanks Iain, No I realise its not something anyone would naturally think of . Poor James spend hours under it trying to suss out what it might be, think he even had sleepless nights about it :grin:

Phil 997 said:
Poor James spend hours under it trying to suss out what it might be, think he even had sleepless nights about it :grin:

The car or Gillian McKeith?

mikeluke said:
Phil 997 said:
Poor James spend hours under it trying to suss out what it might be, think he even had sleepless nights about it :grin:

The car or Gillian McKeith?

:floor: :floor: :floor: now had to explain why I burst out laughing and spat coffee everywhere :grin: :grin: very good :thumb:

I am back from the wilderness Phil - sad reading mate, but glad you got to the bottom of it!.

Hello stranger :bye: :thumbs:

Sorry Phil just catching up with the thread but glad you have found the problem with your car, not the best news I guess but not the worst either. How long before you are back behind the wheel? :driving:

Sounds like a bit of a freak occurence then Phil, but good that you finally have an answer.

I guess it's likely that the back pressure was caused in the first place by the exhaust internals breaking down and creating a blockage.

And to comment on the Gillian vs Nigella dilemma....there is only 1 of those 2 that you might have a chance with, just might.

I'm talking about Nigella of course. Apparently she's quite partial to a bacon butty or two, and is a sucker for a man with a healthy bank balance :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclassicauto
Back