Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

The Finn's 997 4S progress thread - GT3 RS Wheels

At this point the sun was dipping and i found myself completing this job on the drive with a torch but i did manage to take one last photo of the old and new spring.

Attachments

• 20181012_171907_124.jpg
    20181012_171907_124.jpg
    395.7 KB · Views: 4,707
So after completing the spring change at night with my neighbours asking me what the hell I was doing the car was ready for its new boots on the Saturday morning. After a few trips back and forth to the garage, dropping off the new wheels in the larger daily, then taking the Porsche on the old wheels to be swapped and then back again in the daily to pick up the old wheels the job was completed. You might of seem these photos on another thread but here is the finished spring change on the new black copper Ruger Mesh wheels

Attachments

• 20181013_172125_155.jpg
    20181013_172125_155.jpg
    620.2 KB · Views: 4,696
I much prefer the stance now and the new springs are not harsh at all they just feel as if they have a higher spring rate in a shorter distance of travel, although I do have to go a little slower over speed bumps but no front end scrapes.

The wheels are powder coated in black copper with a 18% gloss clear coat rather than the high sheen the coat normally comes in.

Attachments

• 20181013_172240_215.jpg
    20181013_172240_215.jpg
    554.7 KB · Views: 4,694
I might try and paint the centre caps to match but I am not holding much hope so If not I will stick with the black or maybe grey

Attachments

• 20181013_170402_121.jpg
    20181013_170402_121.jpg
    468.6 KB · Views: 4,690
  • 20181013_170258_181.jpg
    20181013_170258_181.jpg
    619.7 KB · Views: 4,690
It really has a presence now mate , looks great :thumb: :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
It really has a presence now mate , looks great :thumb: :thumb:

Cheers Phil I wasn't 100% that I had gone for the right colour at first but walking back to the car the other night it just looked the mutts imho now I am 110%. I love the techarts as well after having the eibachs I prefer the feel and stance

Nice job Mike, you've done well there fella. It really looks nice with the wheels, I bet they have a shimmer or colour change at different angles :thumbs:

John997 said:
Nice job Mike, you've done well there fella. It really looks nice with the wheels, I bet they have a shimmer or colour change at different angles :thumbs:

Thanks John. Your right they they do change in differnt lights which gives a differnt looks which I like, they even hide it when they are covered in brake dust. I have found this out as I have had to use the old girl as my daily for the last couple of weeks as the Jag left me stranded on the m25 with a blown intercooler, back in the Jag now so I will have to give the Porsche a good clean at the weekend.

awesome build and mods. car looks great on that stance and those wheels are spot on

great to chat earlier mike and thanks for your guidance

NLW73 said:
awesome build and mods. car looks great on that stance and those wheels are spot on

No problem Nick, you should get your own thread going its a great way of remembering all the work you have put into your car otherwise you do tend to forget, well i do anyway.

Let us know when the CATS get fitted and what you think about the gains they give your car and i will also promise to talk you into more mods! :thumb:

oh Christ don't tempt me!!

right I have been meaning to do a buy n change thread so will get cracking.

Thefinn said:
NLW73 said:

No problem Nick, you should get your own thread going its a great way of remembering all the work you have put into your car otherwise you do tend to forget, well i do anyway.

Let us know when the CATS get fitted and what you think about the gains they give your car and i will also promise to talk you into more mods! :thumb:

:grin: :grin: Keep talking Nick into the mods Mike takes the pressure off me getting stick for doing it. :floor: :floor: :thumb:

:floor: :floor: :floor: perfect :grin: :grin: :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back