Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Protection against kids bikes and other garage perils!

tallmat

Whilst the 911 is away being de-dented and painted, it got me wondering how to prevent repeat collateral damage from bikes falling against it or just stuff being accidentally dropped...

Short of banning all other family from going anywhere near the garage, any suggestions for how best to protect a car?

I was wondering if there's a padded cover or similar?

Thanks

I use the indoor Porsche cover. It'll save the paintwork from dust and people brushing past it but that's about it.

I recently scratched mine myself whilst taking my motorbike out :sad: If you live in a vibrant and energetic household it's bound to happen from time to time.

I'll get all the imperfections sorted when I get my front panel dressed after stone chips :thumbs:

Norfolk & Idea said:
I recently scratched mine myself whilst taking my motorbike out :sad: If you live in a vibrant and energetic household it's bound to happen from time to time.

Bizarrely this problem never happened when I had motorbike - it must have operated as a sort of safety barrier.. However the bike left my life after big shunt on the M4. Now though I have a good reason to finally replace it..!

Although perhaps not with a pair of Ducatis...( :envy:)

tallmat said:
Norfolk & Idea said:

Bizarrely this problem never happened when I had motorbike - it must have operated as a sort of safety barrier.. However the bike left my life after big shunt on the M4. Now though I have a good reason to finally replace it..!

Although perhaps not with a pair of Ducatis...( :envy:)

Eeek, a shunt on the M4 :duh: Sounds a bit leather filling.... I just stick to track days on the bikes now. I know it sounds odd, but I find it much safer. For both injuries and license preservation.

The V4S is gob smackingly fast btw

:thumb:

tallmat said:
Whilst the 911 is away being de-dented and painted, it got me wondering how to prevent repeat collateral damage from bikes falling against it or just stuff being accidentally dropped...

Short of banning all other family from going anywhere near the garage, any suggestions for how best to protect a car?

Thanks

Indoor covers are fine but the breathable outdoor ones are a bit thicker and might provide more protection from bumps and scrapes.

I bought one from http://www.concoursautoproducts.co.uk/index.php/ in their Eclipse fabric (4 layer breathable) for my last car and that provided greater peace of mind and the option to use it outside if I ever needed to.

Prices are quite reasonable too at c£170 for the top of the line Eclipse.

HTH :)

tallmat said:

Thanks

Just ban all other family members from going in there OR storing their shiit in there simples :?: :thumbs:

I suppose you could get an Airchamber, The only issue is, if there are bikes etc. being moved around then its likely to end up getting torn...

If you have the space buy a shed and empty the garage... cheaper than a cover plus another repaint in the long run! :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back