Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 early C2 - Ownership/project thread (cobalt blue)

Yeah, they look ok from directly behind, but they do stick out a bit too much.

Perfect.

That should look great when it's done. :thumb:

Why the change of wheels to something similar? Better make, fitment or something?

Looking forward to seeing it take shape.

To be completely honest I need to sell for the cash to help me get the car done. Few more things needed than Id anticipated on the bodywork and I saw them as a way to help get a reasonable chunk of cash quickly.

Ideally Id of like to keep them but with a limited amount of spare cash (i.e. none :lol: ) they were the sacrifice.

Ah yes. I know the feeling. I've spent a lot on mine but I haven't got an endless supply.
I sold my Dansks and things, during my bodywork, as I had other exhausts I could use and the money was better spent elsewhere. We have to juggle things accordingly eh. :thumb:

I initially thought you must have found some BBS's or something. :wink:

Bumper sourced, just got to organise pick up. I will need to source a splitter as well, probably standard as the cup one just seems a tad big. If anyone has one they would sell on let me know, don't mind some minor damage

Question now is RS upper grills or not?

coullstar said:
Bumper sourced, just got to organise pick up. I will need to source a splitter as well, probably standard as the cup one just seems a tad big. If anyone has one they would sell on let me know, don't mind some minor damage

Question now is RS upper grills or not?

The grills/vents in the top of the front bumper?
- I would say no grills... if you want a sleek clean look, you're unlikely to achieve that when someone leans over the front and peers down through a bunch of meshed holes over the top of a radiator
- Porsche went for a more finished look with 997 vents, but they tend to look like a weird smiley moustache with the shut lines around the front of a 996 (anyone recall the C4s/turbo front end with "moustache" that Johnny Tipler had on his 996...? think he since removed it - no longer keep up with the mag since Tesco stopped stocking it : ' )

I would go sans-holes.

Operation aero has started. Skirts arrived. Looks like wheels are staying as interested party has disappeared of the face of the earth.

Attachments

• img_20181024_232027_123.jpg
    img_20181024_232027_123.jpg
    577.7 KB · Views: 3,552
  • img_20181024_231846_106.jpg
    img_20181024_231846_106.jpg
    591.6 KB · Views: 3,552

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member