Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PDK question

jaymzz

Hi all,

I was driving my 997.2 C2S through a tunnel the other day and felt the need to give the car a few cheeky revs. This got me thinking, is there a way to safely put the PDK gearbox into neutral, then back into gear whilst moving?

Cheers,
James

Surely in manual mode you'd just knock it down a cog or 2 :)

jaymzz said:
Hi all,

I was driving my 997.2 C2S through a tunnel the other day and felt the need to give the car a few cheeky revs. This got me thinking, is there a way to safely put the PDK gearbox into neutral, then back into gear whilst moving?

Cheers,
James

Some people are such children :nooo:

I tend to drop my manual a couple of cogs then floor it, drop the throttle off 99% and force some burps and crackles :grin:

I did manage to get a GT3 997.1 race car with sequential gearbox in neutral between 2nd and 3rd, which the instructor said was impossible, so obviously Everything is possible :D

Back to your question, I wouldn`t have thought so, it is not a logical thing to do, so the Germans would try and stop you from doing that as their brains work on logic :thumb:

I recall reading that on some installations you could get neutral by pulling on both paddles at the same time, but was never able to do it. Even in auto mode you can manually drop it a couple of gears, and it reverts back to auto when you have had your fun!

Accelerations are great but not always possible in traffic etc. A friend of mine used to have a GT3 and was able to engage neutral by holding down both paddles if I remember correctly. Was just curious if there was anything similar on my car.

Operating both paddles together is supposed to put the box into neutral but I have never got it to work on the move or stationary.

Both paddles to get into neutral whilst stationary came with 9x1 PDK.

In the 997 you can just push the lever and get neutral whilst moving.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back