Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Insurance recommendation on 997.1 turbo

tgdesign

Guys

I know this has been posted about before.
But I am just about to renew the Insurance on my 997.1 turbo.
I have been quoted £635 last year was £495 so a bit of an increase.

The car has a few mods kline exhaust, gen2 rear lights, no std stereo.
I am an old git at 48 with a clean license how I don't know.
13 years no claims, and only drive 3-4k per year.

Anyone have any recommendations
:thumb: :thumb:

I'm currently paying £310 through manning for my gen1 turbo but with 3k per year. What you're paying seems steep

My recent renewal was £333 including European Breakdown Cover as part of a multi-car policy.

More relevant is the fact that the total premium for 4 cars went up from £1171 to £1274 ie nowhere near as much as yours.

£2xx but I forget exactly, with Elephant

4000 miles/yr, loads of no claims, but I'm 'only' 39, so yeah, yours probably isn't a good deal unless you daily it/crash cars/are an Instagram 20-something

Try LV=. I was just quoted £209.01 for my 997.2 Carrera S

I'm with Marsh Associates based inCardiff , cannot recommend them highly enough , good agent and helpful when you need any resolution or help and that's when you find out whether you have a good Insurance company not just about a slightly cheaper premium.

Its all about the mods. they don't like them!

Is the Kline new, or was it declared previously?

Some underwriters are better with mods. than others - the work the brokers do (and where their worth is IMO) is finding that underwriter.

I have a 9e35 package on my car (997.1 Turbo) and most brokers ran a mile. (gave daft quotes £1000+ where it had previously been around the £350 mark).)

vlad said:

Some underwriters are better with mods. than others - the work the brokers do (and where their worth is IMO) is finding that underwriter.

I have a 9e35 package on my car (997.1 Turbo) and most brokers ran a mile. (gave daft quotes £1000+ where it had previously been around the £350 mark).)

ummmm. that doesnt bode well for me then, im having mine upgraded to 9e35 in a few months. Think I paid £500 last year for a stock car.

who did you use in the end for the Insurance?

vlad wrote:

rabbitstew wrote:
ummmm. that doesnt bode well for me then, im having mine upgraded to 9e35 in a few months. Think I paid £500 last year for a stock car.
Yes Admiral who I had been with wouldn't even quote - so I had to cancel the policy, all the usual suspects from the PCGB magazine were around a £1000.
Went with Grove & Dean - underwriter AXA Modified - unlimited mileage :thumbs:

vlad said:
vlad wrote:

rabbitstew wrote:
Yes Admiral who I had been with wouldn't even quote - so I had to cancel the policy, all the usual suspects from the PCGB magazine were around a £1000.

Sounds good. I usually get the cheapest quotes from Admiral / Hastings, but sounds I will try Grove & Dean out. Unlimited mileage is perfect as I do 15,000 a year. Cheers.

I read in a recent 911 world (waiting for a service to be done) that A Plan have a modded department so maybe worth giving them a ring and asking if that is the case? The writer recommended them

rabbitstew said:
vlad said:
vlad wrote:

rabbitstew wrote:

Sounds good. I usually get the cheapest quotes from Admiral / Hastings, but sounds I will try Grove & Dean out. Unlimited mileage is perfect as I do 15,000 a year. Cheers.

Hmmm. Grove & Dean just quoted me nearly £3000!!!!! wtf!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back