Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PCM and phone function

GlenB

When my phone is connected to the car, my phone becomes practically useless. Can't use the internet, make phone calls directly from the phone etc. But more annoyingly if a text gets delivered it goes to the car and not the phone...

Am I missing something because we can't see any settings to alter that might resolve this?

I'm guessing this is more to do with your phone knowing you are driving and limiting what you can do with your phone due to safety reasons rather than PCM. I'm guessing you are using your phone whilst stationary! :cop:

Might be PCM but I'm not that knowledgeable on it since I don't really use anything other than the radio with it being technology from the Jurassic period! I'm sure others who know more about PCM might be able to correct me if it's something weird with PCM, but I suspect phone settings are your problem.

Might be helpful to know a couple of things
Phone type
OS Version
PCM type
PCM Version
which profile are you connecting via:
SIM Profile
Hands Free profile

Thanks for the reply guys. little more info as requested.

For example, driving somewhere and know pretty much where im going. Get almost there and realise last few directions are a little more complicated than I thought so pull over and try to use google maps to look up post code to bung in the sat nav. Find I cant do this unless I shut the car off otherwise I have no internet connections :frustrated:

As above but try to make a phone call using google maps call button, cant as seem to only be able to use the phone call functions from the head unit?! :frustrated:

Get a text when I driving, if I don't notice it beep then I don't know i've had a text as it wont appear on my phone at all. Particularly annoying when you get out the car and are able to reply, but don't have a copy of the text to reply too.

Phone works fine with other cars I have / had. My AMG for example worked from head unit and phone and displayed texts on both etc.

Phone is a google pixel
Android Pie
PCM type / version - need to check
Ah now I think it connects using a sim profile but I could be wrong on this. I just clicked phone, search for phone and entered a pin code when I set it up

:floor:

".... Get a text when I driving, if I don't notice it beep then I don't know i've had a text as it wont appear on my phone at all. Particularly annoying when you get out the car and are able to reply, but don't have a copy of the text to reply too....."

Had this exact problem with my android phone a couple of weeks ago and asked the question but nobody seems to know the answer.
Not sure if it is the same with iphone as I don`t subscribe to Apple

Forgot to say .... I can use google maps etc when driving.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back