Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Looking for first 911

Try to go 2010 onwards if you can. I think they sorted out some of the bugs the early cars had.

Another :welcome: to 911uk

You've got a great budget so be patient and wait for the right car to come along. It's the time of year to buy well so be patient - but don't miss a good one for the sake of trying to get something a bit cheaper.

Anything with less than 40k miles will command a hefty premium and will lose value if used like you intend so cars with 'average 911 mileage' (about 7k a year) would be a good target.

If you want an OPC warranty you'll have to confine your search to a completely standard car. If you find one for sale privately you could arrange for the current owner to get the car onto the warranty scheme before transferring it to you. This would save you waiting the otherwise requisite 90 days.

Just to clarify, the warranty can be applied to cars up to 14 years old so covers cars until they are 15.

Happy Hunting :thumb:

so go for something around £40k with double the mileage? there are a couple C4S PDK but not sure about the dealers and their warranty.

there is a great car within spec at £50k with 21k miles. if i add 10k miles to it i suppose i will be back down around £45k in the current market but it does have another year on the manufacturers extended warranty so peace of mind in the first year of ownership with that

Rr1 said:
so go for something around £40k with double the mileage? there are a couple C4S PDK but not sure about the dealers and their warranty.

there is a great car within spec at £50k with 21k miles. if i add 10k miles to it i suppose i will be back down around £45k in the current market but it does have another year on the manufacturers extended warranty so peace of mind in the first year of ownership with that

The balancing act between mileage and price is always personal. Sometimes other things like colour combo and spec sway the decision.

If you want an OPC warranty the dealer warranty only needs to be cast iron for the first 3 months and Consumer Rights are on your side anyway. Get an OPC 111 point check done asap ,preferably before buying the car, to see what it might need to get on the OPC scheme in the first place.

£50k for a 21k mile car with 12 months OPC warranty seems like a good deal if the colour combo and spec suits you.

thanks and appreciate the help. being a newcomer to the used car market it is difficult to get my head around but slowly getting there!

Looks like I missed out on the C4S I was after so back to the drawing board and maybe a higher mileage car around £40k would be better.

Spoke to a couple of dealers today with cars around £45k and even though they have been advertised for a while they were not budging on price at all

If they won't budge on screen price, start negotiating for extras to be included.

Eg: As many of the below as possible!
4 x Michelin Pilot Sport 4S
Major service inc plugs (to use when next one is due),
Minor oil change service.
Full paint correction detail.
Ceramic coating.
Paint protection film.
Car cover.
Clutch.

Don't mean to be patronising but you said you are a stranger to used car buying.

I got 4xPzero's, major inc plugs, Porsche child seat thrown in when they wouldn't move on screen price. That lot would've cost me £2k.

Good point and should maybe come at it from that angle.

Is it ok to post links to cars for sale and ask for opinions? Not sure if there are rules against it and couldn't find

Rr1 said:
Is it ok to post links to cars for sale and ask for opinions? Not sure if there are rules against it and couldn't find

It's fine :cop:

Just be careful as someone else may nab your pride and joy before you do :bandit:

:grin:

Got 5 options so going to work on narrowing them down today and speaking to all the dealers and see what I can come up with

They are all on autotrader and here anyway.

Rr1 said:
Looks like I missed out on the C4S I was after so back to the drawing board and maybe a higher mileage car around £40k would be better.

Spoke to a couple of dealers today with cars around £45k and even though they have been advertised for a while they were not budging on price at all

As I said via PM low mileage well priced mint cars sell very quickly (in any market) overpriced and average miler cars (the majority) take a long time, people will disagree but its a simple fact.

Everyone will say buy it and use it! Great but you'll take a big hit at sale time, the market is swamped with average milers, most have been for sale for an age, if they wont budge go elsewhere to someone who will!

Average cars aren't going anywhere, and winters coming, the markets not improving and brexit is coming, personally id go mint (and buy asap after advertised or someone else will) or wait

And don't put any cars you're interested in on here!

:thumb:

Hi Rr1, I have tried to pm you in regards to my 911 997 C4S I am selling but for some reason I can get my pm's to move out of my outbox. If you are interested drop me a pm. Cheers Rich.

Re: 911

Divster said:
Hi Rr1, I have tried to pm you in regards to my 911 997 C4S I am selling but for some reason I can get my pm's to move out of my outbox. If you are interested drop me a pm. Cheers Rich.

pms stay in your 'outbox' until the intended recipient opens them.

When they moved to your sent box you know the recipient has opened them.

:cop: :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back