Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Where to buy Centre Caps?

Geezer 911

Afternoon guys,

Just noticed the Porsche logo missing on one of the centre caps. The website I originally used to buy these CCs doesn't exist anymore (Porsche must have got them closed down) as they weren't official.. They only cost me 20 quid for all 4....

Does anyone have any recommendations to where to purschse a set of unofficial ones?

Cheers

Have a look on gumtree as there is a guy selling them on there

I have some I would sell....there the non original ones but identical and brand new....bought for my 996 before it went back to the dealer....was going to hang on to them in case they were needed for my next 911 but would sell for £20 plus a bit of postage? Let me know :thumb:

NLW73 said:
Have a look on gumtree as there is a guy selling them on there

Sorry for slow response,thanks for the recommendation I found the guy you were talking about and brought set over the weekend.
:thumb:

BChivs said:
I have some I would sell....there the non original ones but identical and brand new....bought for my 996 before it went back to the dealer....was going to hang on to them in case they were needed for my next 911 but would sell for £20 plus a bit of postage? Let me know :thumb:[/quote

Thank you for your kind offer. I already brought the set off the guy from Gum tree on Saturday otherwise I would have taken you up on your offer.

Thanks again :thumb:

I'm looking to order some from the gumtree guy but I'm not home to measure the size of caps needed for the 19" lobsters on a 997.1.

Does anyone happen to know please?

Edit: Ignore me. It looks like they're all 76mm. :roll:

Afternoon all.

I received my centre caps from the Gumtree guy. For £20 these are fantastic.

Good replicas would highlighly recommend. He also does 5 different varients so should cater for everyone's preference.

Cheers

Geezer 911 said:
Afternoon all.

I received my centre caps from the Gumtree guy. For £20 these are fantastic.

Good replicas would highlighly recommend. He also does 5 different varients so should cater for everyone's preference.

Cheers

I'm away from home so can't report on them, but I've also bought some of these. Thanks for the tip. :thumbs:

I got some from porschecentrecaps.co.uk and they have faded badly. I'd love to find some aftermarket that are as good as genuine ones but likely I'd bit the bullet if I got some more as it was a false economy.

I think this is a case of horses for courses...

I have had a set of copies I bought from fleabay for £10 on my car for 2+ years and they are still perfectly good. That said, I only do about 2k miles a year, the car is garaged and has little exposure to winter roads. So for me £180+ is a false economy.

I am sure the originals will age better, but they are far from bullet-proof! I appreciate that it does depend on the quality of the fakes, so look forward to hearing how you guys get on with this supplier!

:popcorn:

I have a bag of these fake ones now and am going to make a collage one day on my garage wall...Porsche logo from Porsche centre caps...

Thanks,guys for the Gumtree tip.

I couldn't stomach £200 for OEM set when there are so many other expenses on the car at the moment.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back