Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

2 bucket alternative

chicb said:
Exactly what I do, but to start with I power wash the car to get rid of top grime layer

You should foam first, or you're just pressure blasting the dirt across the paint. Foam will lift it and use gravity to take the worst off.

James M-S said:
chicb said:
Exactly what I do, but to start with I power wash the car to get rid of top grime layer

You should foam first, or you're just pressure blasting the dirt across the paint. Foam will lift it and use gravity to take the worst off.

I also find myself having to resist the pre-snow foam rinse with a pressure washer! It will not damage the paintwork, however, you are just making more work for yourself and crucially, the snow foam will slide off the car much more quickly if the panels are already wet, therefore making it less effective.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back