Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What did you buy your 993 this week ?

Just this.

Attachments

• 0dd37396_4539_432a_977a_eda9a9451d30_325.jpeg
    0dd37396_4539_432a_977a_eda9a9451d30_325.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3,717
badlands said:
cableguy said:
Spirited run out today in the warm sunshine... some great Yorkshire roads and inevitably game birds galore... Trust me to hit one at many leptons!

New bumper required?

C.

a good body shop should be able to fix that without you needing a new one.

Yes deliberating this but also thinking about an S/Turbo Front for a change.

May get mine repaired plus buy the different front and paint both. I can then swap and change when the mood takes. :thumb:

C.

Fulla said:
ch3tman said:
Fulla said:
Mobil 1 Sticker from ebay.
Full Gtechniq Crystal Serum detail
Full interior detail - Seats look better then when I bought the car!
Awaiting some photos so I can post. Used Elite Detailers in Maindenhead and can highly recommend.
Looks like they've posted some pics already... paint looks glass smooth! 8)

1jGj347.jpg

F9vAlQD.jpg

Would like to learn what they mean by referring to "lacquerer re-levelling" especially given your recent paintwork - what issue does it address / how does it occur? Is it common with new paint?

The re-levelling was due to the recent work I had done. In Elites opinion the paintwork could have been done better, or to be more precise the lacquer was not smooth but had an orange peel effect. So they had to smooth it back.
What they have done is amazing and it does look like glass now, and it's faster as the surface of the car is a smooth as a.....:)

Thanks very much for explaining :) I've read in various places that some 'orange peel' is normal and per factory finish, whereas others state it shouldn't be tolerated at all. Can of worms.... :?

Regardless, your car looks great and given the choice I'd prefer not to have orange peel either :thumbs:.

Cup holder from USA ebay seller barresandmore. Great quality and easy fit.

Attachments

• 20181015_142307_195.jpg
    20181015_142307_195.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 3,549
Many thanks for the reply on the serpentine kit, very informative and wow that bhp figure and the linear progression of power.
Had another big spend in readiness for the engine drop a Wilding engine cradle, big trolley jack, ATV jack and a mechanics stool. I live too near a Machine Mart. Yes I know it would have been cheaper to take it to my indie but there's no fun in that and I'll be able to detail the engine compartment.

Gaity said:
I bought this kit a few years ago. One of the better mods I've installed - fits well, works well and looks clean. Ticked all the boxes. Later, it even made my s/c install so much cleaner - just fitted a longer belt!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

That must go like Katya Jones on a night out!

Two new electric window switches and a fuse!

Power steering pump belt and 1 litre of Pentosin. Struggling with removal of 2 oil pipes from crankcase all references say compression nut on scavenge line is 36mm mine is 32mm so another spanner needed and the adjustable just won't go on. The other under the small oil fiter is also well stuck and may well be damaged in the removal process. Getting there and several nuts and bolts to be replaced with stainless. 3 tiny metal fragments on the magnetic drain plug so I took the filters apart to check, nothing at all although the big filter rattled when I shook it, the internal spring was broken, a genuine Porsche filter too. Probably accounting for the horrible noises after firing up from cold, worse than the usual gurgling but disappeared after a few minutes.

A couple of brake disc guards and CV joint boots.

Shedman said:
Just this.

Always buy in pairs, unless you already have a spare.

new rear suspension arms (outrageous price, btw. Porsche tax at its keenest), new rear top mounts (after 23 years, mine had a few cracks) and a new a/c evaporator(+10 hours to have it fitted, obvs) and a resistor thing for one of the fans at the front.

Not had a chance to try it out properly yet - hopefully this coming weekend :)

New slightly smaller front numberplate as per below. Saving up for a full suspension refresh at some point early in the New Year - should hopefully be sorted wel before Spring.

Attachments

• 2bafedb2_e1fa_4b34_8d41_d0a93135c7b4_140.jpeg
    2bafedb2_e1fa_4b34_8d41_d0a93135c7b4_140.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4,369
tim993 said:
a new a/c evaporator(+10 hours to have it fitted, obvs) and a resistor thing for one of the fans at the front.

Not had a chance to try it out properly yet - hopefully this coming weekend :)

Will be interested to see if the air con keeps working.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back