Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

FLat battery and alarm going off !!!

Lukec4s

Hi all

Last night... (always the worst times) my alarm went off. I went outside and opened the car and put key in ignition. Lights / electrics went haywire and it looked like battery was likely flat. I left it on charge trickle over night and it didn't charge beyond 25%.. previously it has gone to 100% in that time.

I've changed the battery so time will tell. I have two questions hopefully someone can answer.

1 is rain water meant to run off down into battery area, I see the drain holes but surely moisture will effect the wires in that area?

Whilst charging old battery I noticed a low buzzz coming from the alarm horn to left of battery.. is that normal or could that be a drain?

Thanks

Luke

Yep that's where the water goes. Lots of it. That's why it's essential to keep those drains clear.
Mine were blocked and water filled my brake servo so I had all 4 brakes seizing at the same time but intermittently.

The alarm may be buzzing until you get a proper charge back into the system. It has its own battery which may have gotten low due to sounding the siren.

Just check it when everything's back up and running.
You'll need your radio code too. :thumb:

Thanks for The reply's.

After replacing my battery around 18 months ago, I woke up at 4am this morning to the dreaded sound of the alarm waking up the entire street.

Now, I'm pretty used to this as it was a regular occurance but it hasn't happened for a while. What a fright! I've not fixed the drain as I've been busy and (tbh) it hasn't gone off since I replaced the battery so I was kind of pretending it didn't exist.

I'm fairly sure mine's down to an old tracker which still uses up charge - I need to trace that. Have you had one fitted?

May be worth investing in a solar charger as that may also be why I've not had this happen in a long while

My alarm doesn't buzz when it's on charge.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back