Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996tt Fuse Box

Zrozze

Hello

Recently bought 996tt. I think there is something wrong with it fuse box.I mean, some of the fuses are in the wrong place or are missing. I found fuse diagram on internet to 996TT but I do not know if this is for American version of the car or EU ? Below I present a photo on which I think I have wrong fuses.... Can someone tell me please do I have to replaced some fuses as I wrote in the picture ?

Thanks
Zrozze

Fuse box:
https://imgur.com/a/sg8uGMZ

Fuse diagram:
https://imgur.com/a/6Pa8BKs

First off its a bit rare to have every fuse installed .. there are normally blanks .

A blank is obvious , remove the fuse and look , there should be 2 terminals if its an active system .. if only one terminal then its not used on your car .. fitting a fuse into this will make no diference to anything .

Fuse rateing is more important , a 15 amp fuse when it should a 20 amp is far more likely to blow.

There should be a fuse booklet in the fuse board cover .. or check the manual .. make sure if it says fuse B4 is 15 amps then you have that fuse fitted .

A larger fuse fitted than whats ment to be there can cause an issue should a fault occur on the system.

Do you actually have a fault or is it just that it didnt look right ?

deMort said:
First off its a bit rare to have every fuse installed .. there are normally blanks .

A blank is obvious , remove the fuse and look , there should be 2 terminals if its an active system .. if only one terminal then its not used on your car .. fitting a fuse into this will make no diference to anything .

Fuse rateing is more important , a 15 amp fuse when it should a 20 amp is far more likely to blow.

There should be a fuse booklet in the fuse board cover .. or check the manual .. make sure if it says fuse B4 is 15 amps then you have that fuse fitted .

A larger fuse fitted than whats ment to be there can cause an issue should a fault occur on the system.

Do you actually have a fault or is it just that it didnt look right ?

I have no fault so far. I was just curious if everything was fine, because the car was imported from Saudi Arabia.
OK tomorrow i check fuse booklet.

Thanks

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back