Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

2001 C4 project car

skinny_monkey said:
Loving the hat!!

Thanks, I bought it from John Lewis, only cost me 5p. They must be popular, they have them at all of the tills. :thumb:

MC

Subframes are painted. Areas around the bolts were masked off for painting. Trial fit of suspension parts. I need more rubber boots before I can do the final assembly.

MC

Repeat for the front.

MC

Tasty!! :thumbs:

MC

Whose adjustable thrust / tuning fork arms are you using?

Cheers :thumb:

Top work looking good , going to be fantastic when done :thumbs:

MisterCorn said:
crash7 said:
MC

Whose adjustable thrust / tuning fork arms are you using?

Cheers :thumb:

They are from Tarett.

https://www.tarett.com/items/996-99...able-thrust-arm-996-010-detail.htm?FullSite=1

I knew that NXI20 was running a well sorted suspension setup so I basically copied him. :worship:

MC

:thumb: - I was planning to go the same way on the front. I need to adjust my caster a little to allow me to run larger rubber.

The holes in LCA's are a little crude and do not allow for fine enough adjustments.

Keep the updates coming!

I am running rubber boots over the ball joonts. I have read of some people complaining that these are a real pain to fit. This is how I did it.

Take one joint and one boot.

Take the two ends off the joint.

Using a three arm spreader fit the boot over the joint, making sure it goes at least on to the thickest part.

Remove the spreader, then pull the boot the rest of the way on.

Use the spreader again to open up the sides for the side pieces.

Job done, a couple of minutes tops.

MC

Ha ha. I have always had one in my toolbox, most commonly a smaller one for fitting rubber sleeving on to cables.

MC

Its an interesting tool .. and i love collecting tools .. if i can think of something at work it will be usefull for .. and i probably will .. then i will be ordering one .. appreciate it :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back