Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Techart Springs - Group Buy

Aphill80 said:
Hi all

final question so i know now that i need hub centric spacers in 5mm front & 7mm rear

but i cant find hub centric in these sizes they are all called shims and ideally need black ones with new longer black bolts and locking nut bolts

Ive also heard Porsche make their own official kit

Porsche do a 5mm shim with a screw to hold it but they are heavy with Porsche tax so would suggest looking at other options the shim is ok but you want the ones with spigots see example below. theres a company that does them in black but cant for the life of me remember their name , it was in a spacer thread on here about a year ago.

https://www.porscheshop.co.uk/porsc...rsche/wheel-spacer-shims-6mm-with-spigot.html

I think it may be these:

http://www.wheelspacers.uk.com/product_info.php?k=Sp&info=p1698_ALU%20spacer%20%20%205mm.html&cat=c311_Porsche.html&bezeichnung=911%20(997)%20Carrera%20S,%204,%204S&typ=997

c4kum said:
I think it may be these:

http://www.wheelspacers.uk.com/product_info.php?k=Sp&info=p1698_ALU%20spacer%20%20%205mm.html&cat=c311_Porsche.html&bezeichnung=911%20(997)%20Carrera%20S,%204,%204S&typ=997

Good find :thumb: :thumb:

and in all the sizes inc 7mm

http://www.wheelspacers.uk.com/product_info.php?k=Sp&info=p1699_ALU%20spacer%20%20%207mm.html&cat=c311_Porsche.html&bezeichnung=911%20(997)%20Carrera%20S,%204,%204S&typ=997

Just a quick question, any updates on the growing list for the Lowering Springs? I may have someone who maybe interested!! :thumb:

Cheers

J

-- 997 -- said:
Just a quick question, any updates on the growing list for the Lowering Springs? I may have someone who maybe interested!! :thumb:

Cheers

J

Hiya J, we are at 4 at the mo. Do you think your mate will be interested for definite.

c4kum said:
How many are confirmed now, when do you plan to get these ordered.

4 defo, have a mate interested but he needs to check few things out first so if no one is in a rush then would like to leave it run for another week mate

John997 said:
-- 997 -- said:

Cheers

J

Hiya J, we are at 4 at the mo. Do you think your mate will be interested for definite.

Hes contemplating, saying its too expensive, so i told him to sell his 997 and buy a Nissan Micra where the springs are cheaper. He didnt like what i said .. but hes thinking about it.. ill edge him on it...

I guess no one is in a rush to get these springs, if we leave it longer, the more members we have the cheaper we get them, christmas is coming up so i dont think anyone is gonna be doing a springs change during winter?? Well im not in a rush.. more members less prices.. :thumb:

J

-- 997 -- said:
John997 said:
-- 997 -- said:

Cheers

J

Hes contemplating, saying its too expensive, so i told him to sell his 997 and buy a Nissan Micra where the springs are cheaper. He didnt like what i said .. but hes thinking about it.. ill edge him on it...

I guess no one is in a rush to get these springs, if we leave it longer, the more members we have the cheaper we get them, christmas is coming up so i dont think anyone is gonna be doing a springs change during winter?? Well im not in a rush.. more members less prices.. :thumb:

J

Why dont you offer it out to Porsche Owners UK on facebook you may get it up to 10 or more :thumb: :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
-- 997 -- said:
John997 said:
-- 997 -- said:

Cheers

J

J

Why dont you offer it out to Porsche Owners UK on facebook you may get it up to 10 or more :thumb: :thumb:

Hey Phil, I dont use Facebook :nooo:

But good idea, if someone else out there is an avid fan then give it a good Rogering on Facebook please :thumbs:

John997 said:
Gentle Bump, anymore takers ??

I'm very tempted. Can anyone advise if the Techart springs create a slight nose down stance please.

I'm after a small ride height drop but wish to keep a neutral stance. I don't know who's car this is but it has the perfect stance I'm after.

Attachments

• 116508fb_4660_44ce_8bc4_60fa16911bd2_741.jpeg
    116508fb_4660_44ce_8bc4_60fa16911bd2_741.jpeg
    134.4 KB · Views: 1,467
SJD said:
John997 said:

I'm very tempted. Can anyone advise if the Techart springs create a slight nose down stance please.

I'm after a small ride height drop but wish to keep a neutral stance. I don't know who's car this is but it has the perfect stance I'm after.

Thats the Lowering height i want also, its why im looking to purchase Techart Lowering Springs, so suggest if you want the look then add your name to the list and be happy :thumb:

J

SJD said:
John997 said:

my techarts were negative rake, whereas the H&R do have a slight rake. see the midnight car looks flat the aqua car is slightly raised at the back, we are not talking 70s jack up kit but is is very slight and you can see it in the pic :grin:

Attachments

• 28685658252_5637ed60a0_c_237.jpg
    28685658252_5637ed60a0_c_237.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 1,414
  • img_2466_580.jpg
    img_2466_580.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 1,414
-- 997 -- said:
SJD said:
John997 said:

Thats the Lowering height i want also, its why im looking to purchase Techart Lowering Springs, so suggest if you want the look then add your name to the list and be happy :thumb:

J

Exactly this, I could of bought the H&R's cheaper but, want a stance that looks even. Get yer name down :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc
Back