Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 GT2RS Build... (Update - Dec 2022)

Wow! How did i miss this, just spent 2 days reading and watching all the videos! :D :D :D

Love the car, absolutely amazing! Was gutted about the carbon roof :(

What's next after the wheel color change? We want MORE! 8)

Slutters said:
Wow! How did i miss this, just spent 2 days reading and watching all the videos! :D :D :D

Hi, glad you liked it. It's been dormant for a year or so as I haven't done anything to it since then. The wheels are the first thing in a while.

I'm trying to buy a new Boxster right now so it's taking a back seat until that happens so nothing planned after the wheel change... yet.

isysman said:
With weiss gold...

11-Porsche-997-GT2-RS_DV_17-GA_03-800.jpg

1.jpg

Porsche+911+GT2RS.jpg

dear mother of gold you have totally now smashed it. that's looks utter brilliant sir. well done

Slutters said:

What did I miss regarding the roof?

I see there have been a few posts up about this but I never received any updates on it...

Clanky said:
Slutters said:

What did I miss regarding the roof?

I see there have been a few posts up about this but I never received any updates on it...

Did you find it? Roof had sunroof removed and now panel welded on and painted. I did a video about it too.

So just had a call from Road & Race, the car 'should' be ready to collect tomorrow. Can't wait to see the car. Will of course document it and update as soon as I can.

I see it now, thanks for the update.

From what I can gather, it's in to get the wheels done, correct?

Respect is due to you and the lads at R&R for taking that on!
Then again, from what you've shown, it appears they are used to that type of thing anyway.

I've said it before & I'll say it again, I'd love to see this in the metal, so if you ever take it up around the NC500, let me know & I'll try to make a point of joining you on some of the sections 👍

Saw this at the October Cheshire meet, but never had time to chat to you, but just read the whole thread and have to say its a credit to you.
Great attention to detail and a properly executed tribute.

May well go to chat with Road and Race about some of the bodywork I want doing as they seem to do a great job and I want someone I can trust.

Top work!

Cheers

Jay :thumbs:

JayG60 said:
Saw this at the October Cheshire meet, but never had time to chat to you, but just read the whole thread and have to say its a credit to you.
Great attention to detail and a properly executed tribute.

May well go to chat with Road and Race about some of the bodywork I want doing as they seem to do a great job and I want someone I can trust.

Top work!

Cheers

Jay :thumbs:

Thanks. The car is at R&R right now. Just Gad the fall it's ready to collect. They've been excellent throughout.

Collected the car today... looks amazing! Unfortunately I didn't have time to take photos but I'll get the car out tomorrow and take some photos.

As promised chaps here is the car with the powder coated wheels in their new colour! Will make a follow up video soon with more footage.

:yes: that is tremendous

Fantastic :thumb: Love gold wheels :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back