Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

27.1 MPG

Rickenbacker said:
benbuhagiar said:
On a long motor journey with cruise control set to 80mph, I can easily get 33mpg.

Go and see a doctor there is something wrong with you
:eek:

DFI engine and PDK gearbox make it very achievable. Would be much harder in a gen 1.

I was just testing....honest! :p

Attachments

• img_2323_127.jpg
    img_2323_127.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 2,299
I'm ashamed to admit that this is my best mpg achieved over a 130 mile trip. My excuse is the road was busy but flowing and I had no option other than to blend in with the other traffic.

Attachments

• img_20170526_163236_162.jpg
    img_20170526_163236_162.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 2,281
I very very rarely drive in town due to all the traffic calming and am averaging 24-25 mpg. Since fitting a filter and the pipe delete it has gone down slightly in mpg due to enjoying the noise more.
I hate dropping below 2000 rpm when driving as it feels wrong so happy with it.
My best was 34.1 on a round trip to the Scottish borders on busy but flowing motorways doing 50-70 mph. Never got near that since though

27mpg, there's either something wrong with the driver or the car... :lol:

The return of Marty Wild said:
27mpg, there's either something wrong with the driver or the car... :lol:

your MPG should always be lower than the outside temprature reading then you know your enjoying the car :floor: :floor: :floor:

I very very rarely drive in town due to all the traffic calming and am averaging 24-25 mpg. Since fitting a filter and the pipe delete it has gone down slightly in mpg due to enjoying the noise more.
I hate dropping below 2000 rpm when driving as it feels wrong so happy with it.
My best was 34.1 on a round trip to the Scottish borders on busy but flowing motorways doing 50-70 mph. Never got near that since though

I like to see what I can get out of it (something to do whilst stuck on a smart motorway), and the best I've ever got was from a 3.6 PDK Coupe.

428mpg.jpg

I'm pretty good with my right foot and managed to get 25.8 out of my 6.0 V12 Aston.

Best ive had out of mine is on a long trip to Manchester & back. Cruising all the way there & back, covered something like 350 miles and averaged 30mpg. Did the same driving to Newcastle & back which was about 400 miles.

I use mine as a daily, and its 70 miles of twisty B-roads as well as about 5 miles of sitting in slow moving traffic. I average between 26 and 27mpg per tank of super unleaded. I do notice I get slightly better mpg and tank range if I use V-Power, but not sure if that offsets the more expensive cost of it.

Best I had from my 911 Turbo was 32MPG on a motorway. Since I fitted all the RS kit the best it now gets is 27MPG, proof the spoilers do their job.

I can get 35mpg from my 4.4l v8 diesel Range Rover on a run. I do about 12k miles a year in that. My other cars probably do 7k between them and I never try to be efficient. SL55 is horrific in slow traffic, around 12mpg. DB9 is never good but then it never sits cruising. CSL is always driven like itcwill ecplode unless on full throttle and over 5k rpm, as for the 996 turbo, every round of upgrades seems to involve more/bigger fuel pumps and larger fuel line and injectors. I can only assume that reduces losses and makes them more efficient. I will never do enough miles in it to care.

MC

I'm sure once I saw 28mpg but usually 21mpg, hey it's better than the XKR we had, I once returned 2.3mpg :eek: would pass everything except a fuel station!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back