Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anyone familiar with this little gen2 Carrera at JZM?

Phil 997 said:
silvermilnec said:
Phil 997 said:
Nice colour in and out and no sunroof lovely :thumb: :thumb:

Isn't it funny I wouldn't buy one without a sunroof 😂 my only advice is look out for a nice sport steering wheel omot looks lovely congratulations :thumb:

I know Chris , the sunroof is a love it or hate it thing , I just think its heavy in the wrong place for a sports car , have often wondered why guys want just a hole in the roof and dont go all the way and get a cab though .we have A/c so there must be another good reason for just a hole as they are popular I just havent sussed it yet :grin: :grin:
I just love a good hole :grin: just spent a small fortune getting the hole fixed on my mini :floor:

silvermilnec said:
Phil 997 said:
silvermilnec said:
Phil 997 said:
Nice colour in and out and no sunroof lovely :thumb: :thumb:

Isn't it funny I wouldn't buy one without a sunroof 😂 my only advice is look out for a nice sport steering wheel omot looks lovely congratulations :thumb:

I know Chris , the sunroof is a love it or hate it thing , I just think its heavy in the wrong place for a sports car , have often wondered why guys want just a hole in the roof and dont go all the way and get a cab though .we have A/c so there must be another good reason for just a hole as they are popular I just havent sussed it yet :grin: :grin:
I just love a good hole :grin: just spent a small fortune getting the hole fixed on my mini :floor:

:floor: :floor: ah the good old mini roadroof for all those flintstone moments. :floor: nothing wrong with a good hole in the right place where you wont get wind buffeting :floor: :floor:

Thank for the replies chaps. I'm glad it gets the seal of approval; I haven't seen the car in the metal so to speak. I remedy that on Thursday so, providing it is as clean as I hope, I'll likely sign on the dotted line.

I like the look of Atlas Grey. I actually hope it's as blue as it looks in the images but we'll see. Prob the interior lighting making it pop more than usual. I must admit to not being a fan of a sunroof too. Ruins the roof for me but understand it's useful. I never used mine in the 993 (which, incidentally, I sold a few months back. I must update my signature!).

The manual transmission is important to me because, well it's obvious! It also seems to suit this particular 997 i.e. low spec, narrowbody C2. Just seems a driver focused build. And god knows it's going to do some miles- 10-15k per year is likely.

If the deal can be done I'll keep you gents posted. I'll do a write up if it all goes ahead.

:thumbs:

I'm a big fan of rear wiper delete too, clean curves.

Sports seats are nicer than the comfort 'tombstones' which may affect resale. PSE would be nice, but that's an easy fix, plenty of aftermarket options.

MattyR said:
I like the look of Atlas Grey. I actually hope it's as blue as it looks in the images but we'll see.

:thumbs:

Mine is also atlas grey. It really depends on the lighting, some days it looks dark blue, sometimes dark grey. I find photos inside/in a garage it looks more blue. Outside in the early morning sun it looks more grey.

Either way, a great choice and looks a lovely example. :thumbs:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jons123
Back