Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 turbo S - am I mad?

docdale said:
... and due to limited numbers would seemingly be a good place to put my money as depreciation seems very slow.

997.1 or 997.2 Turbos are stunning but just as a fact check, if you rank in order the numbers of UK registered cars you might be surprised.

Ranking UK cars from lowest to highest

1. 997.2 Turbo PDK
2. 997.2 Turbo S PDK
3. 997.1 Manual
4. 997.1 Tiptronic

There is just a cigarette paper between the first 3 but it does rather turn on its head the whole thing.

Jcx said:
docdale said:
... and due to limited numbers would seemingly be a good place to put my money as depreciation seems very slow.

997.1 or 997.2 Turbos are stunning but just as a fact check, if you rank in order the numbers of UK registered cars you might be surprised.

1. 997.2 Turbo PDK
2. 997.2 Turbo S PDK
3. 997.1 Manual
4. 997.1 Tiptronic

There is just a cigarette paper between the first 3 but it does rather turn on its head the whole thing.

Not wanting to seem pedantic but shouldn't the 997.2 manual sit at the top of that list as far as rarity goes?

m119cars said:
Jcx said:
docdale said:

1. 997.2 Turbo PDK
2. 997.2 Turbo S PDK
3. 997.1 Manual
4. 997.1 Tiptronic

Too true!

1. 997.2 Turbo Manual
2. 997.2 Turbo PDK
3. 997.2 Turbo S PDK
4. 997.1 Manual
5. 997.1 Tiptronic

There are supposedly some 997.2 Turbo S Manuals knocking about. That would be the rarest surely.

TwinBoost said:
There are supposedly some 997.2 Turbo S Manuals knocking about. That would be the rarest surely.

I don't think so......I can't say I've ever heard that ...where did you get that from?An official source ?

911TEL said:
TwinBoost said:

I don't think so......I can't say I've ever heard that ...where did you get that from?An official source ?

EDIT: Just realised the above might refer specifically to 'S' cars.

Re standard 997.2 Turbos ... they are definitely out there but when I queried how often they came up I was told by JZM that "they are 'as rare as hens teeth".

Whenever I've seen any advertised they are always at a premium price and always sell very quickly.

911TEL said:
TwinBoost said:

I read it on here.

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=108758&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=20

Clanky said:
I can confirm there was at least one turbo S Manual in the UK a few years back.
I drove it down at Silverstone on one of their driving courses & have been looking out for one ever since!

Surely it can't have been a one off was it?

It's one of my dream cars, but I'll be gutted if it turns out I'll never own one!

:nooo:

I am prepared to believe the chap was mistaken.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back