Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

27.1 MPG

Milo72

So I have just got back from a 120 mile round trip. About half was motorway and the other half B roads... on the way back I saw the MPG was quite good so ended up driving like Miss Daisy to see what I could get out of it.

Now I know MPG is not something I should be looking at when driving a 911 but I would be interested to know what people have actually got out of them.

I have a loud exhaust and am a child with no self control. I'm barely into the 20's :nooo:

FZP said:
I have a loud exhaust and am a child with no self control. I'm barely into the 20's :nooo:

I am with Frank 18mpg ave but its 18 mpg with a mahooosive grin . no miss daisy here. oops are there a 5th and 6th gear mmmm must try them sometime :floor: :floor: :floor:

On a long motor journey with cruise control set to 80mph, I can easily get 33mpg.

benbuhagiar said:
On a long motor journey with cruise control set to 80mph, I can easily get 33mpg.

Go and see a doctor there is something wrong with you
:eek:

On a trip from North East to Donington Circuit for the 911UK meet this year.......29.3 mpg :oops:

Although I will qualify it was a Saturday afternoon on a busy motorway (and had road-works)

On the way back on Sunday......20 mpg..... :roll: :grin:

For avoidance of doubt I normally am about 19/20.... don't want to get myself a reputation :D :D

Milo72 said:
For avoidance of doubt I normally am about 19/20.... don't want to get myself a reputation :D :D

too late Milo27.1 :floor: :floor: :floor: :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
Milo72 said:

too late Milo27.1 :floor: :floor: :floor: :thumb:

Ha ha ha - busted.

Will have to post a picture when normal service resumes.

Rickenbacker said:
benbuhagiar said:

Go and see a doctor there is something wrong with you
:eek:

What speed should he be doing then..... :hand:

I have always got 21mpg, no matter how I drive, sometimes 19! the gen2 should get better mpg though right? 27+ is pretty amazing from a gen1!

The OBC can be optimistic in its calculation method

I got the following coming back from the Netherlands on a quiet Sunday morning. Given that the cruising speed was well north of the average for most of the time I was pleasantly surprised by how well it did:

Skg85O1.jpg

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back