Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wiper Blades

mikee

Hi all

So, when I bought the car i removed the old style Bosch wiper blades that were fitted as they were a bit old and replaced with some new style Bosch Aero Blades that were apparently the correct part for the car, except....

They're awful. They miss parts of the screen and unless its really wet or you give it full beans with the washers they don't glide smoothly over the windscreen. Being a 2010 car I thought the newer style aero blades would have been standard but I'm guessing not.

Is this a common problem or just a dodgy set of blades? Is it advisable to go back to the old style ones?

Cheers

I stick with the normal Bosch ones. The 997 never left Zuffenhausen with aero blades on the front.

I'd start with the basics. Clean the screen with a white spirit to remove any residue. Things like old RainX and the like can make the wipers under perform and chatter.
I believe there is alot of love for the PIAA blades here.

Standard wiper blades from Porsche are not the Bosch aero ones and work perfectly. :thumb:

I've got the Bosch aeroblades and they work fine. The last cm of the nearside screen curvature doesn't get wiped as the aeroblades does not curve around the screen. I only notice this when cleaning the screen while washing the car. On a rhd car, I can't see any downside.
As has been mentioned PIAA get rave reviews, you may want to try them.
Bar Keepers Friend is a fantastic product for taking every last bit of bug splatter /sap/ screen coating etc off the screen, leaving your wipers largely redundant above 40mph.

Good luck. :thumb:

Bar Keepers Friend seconded. It's a slightly abrasive cream, for a couple of quid. You can get it in powder form if you want a slightly stronger paste rather than cream.

It has the same effect as Autoglym Screen Polish, but a fraction of the cost.

You'll find it in B&Q or some supermarkets.

ninenineseven said:
Standard wiper blades from Porsche are not the Bosch aero ones and work perfectly. :thumb:

:agree:

They might look a bit crap but they do work well!

OPC changed mine as my warranty dictates only oem parts... :roll:

what size on the 997? online saying 22 inch for both blades.

Used PIAA blades for 8 years, silent and perfect.

I swapped over to the aftermarket Aerotwin blades simply because I think the factory pantograph ones look dated. I've had no issues other than the blades missing the last little edge of the nearside windscreen (which doesn't bother me at all).

With regard to Barkeeper's Friend, make sure you rinse the windscreen and car thoroughly after using it - it's basically feldspar and oxalic acid which can damage your paintwork if it sits on it.

Great, thanks for the tips. I think I'll go back to the old school Bosch ones if that's what OPC fit.

Maybe its just a duff wiper that I've got with these Bosch Aerotwin ones, but they're so noisy and juddery it's just not very Porsche-like :sad:

Martian said:
FZP said:
........Clean the screen with a white spirit.....

Hopefully you meant Methylated Spirit! :eek:

Lost in translation from AU to English :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back