Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 wheel replacement

From memory the issue I had was that actually attaching a wire to the inner column would have been required, as there was no continuity through any of the bearings, and the inner part of the column was completely isolated.

Dammit said:
...there was no continuity through any of the bearings, and the inner part of the column was completely isolated.

Yep, that's what they told you. And that your car's problem was unique, that they'd never seen it before.

It's also exactly what GTOne told Stotty about his. And yet it's not true. I proved this yesterday by fixing Stotty's car in my front yard while having a coffee and a chat at the same time.

Experts are not always experts....

Does anyone know if you can purchase porsche loom plugs / connectors to make up the mini looms for the conversion rather than 'harvesting'? My caterham uses econoseal connectors which are widely available.

Do the connector plugs have part numbers on them? I sourced a brake pad wear sensor plug for my Skoda this way and cheaply too!

Ian

Sundayjumper said:
I'll do Keith's one next, as soon as his bits turn up.

2.7 ohm - CHECK
MOMO Hub - CHECK
Wheel - CHECK

Picking up the rest this afternoon I hope!

Well, I can understand why you want to keep your method under-wraps, but it'd be nice to be able to understand what you did that the auto-electricians at two respected Indy's either didn't see, or wouldn't do.

Sundayjumper said:
I'll do Keith's one next, as soon as his bits turn up.

It was nice meeting you yesterday, and satisfying to have another wheel successfully fitted. That makes it three out of three - better than Meatloaf managed !

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanjf
Back