Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 what sort of starting price would i be looking at

neil_911 said:
I would definitely try push towards a Gen 2 Carrera if you can. Not only for the mechanical piece of mind. But the interior/radio etc are all a little more finished off and "current"

A touch screen sat nav over a twiddly knob :lol:

If you need to stay stock I agree but even the PCM3 is dated now and a gen1 with an upto date aftermarket head unit will bring the nav/entertainmant right into 2018 :thumb:

Yeah the first thing I did was get rid of the stereo and fit a touchscreen with carplay etc, circa £700 for all the bits and fitment.

I'm considering coming back to a 911 and the 997.2 fits the bill although I'm done with manuals for road cars, so I'll be looking solely at the pdk.

First choice was a 4s but the only one that stands out is the porsche car with ceramics all the others just look the same but I think their car is over priced considering how long it's been about. There is a Carrera that stand outs in red with ceramics on AT but never heard of the dealer.

If you want a manual then I would consider the 996 Turbo but your need to work on the interface to run Bluetooth etc and bring up to speed with more recent stuff.

Right a gen 1 with a hartech or similar build,and up to date head unit it is then......let the search begin lol 👍👍👍

saxon46 said:
Right a gen 1 with a hartech or similar build,and up to date head unit it is then......let the search begin lol 👍👍👍

That's what I have, and has to be a manual for driving pleasure and future collectability. Drive both C2S and C4S, they are very different animals. C2S is purer, the 4 wheel drive system makes it heavier and for me nowhere near as nice as a C2S.

Mind you, what do I know, I have a cabrio, but then all cars should be cabrios!

HSC911 said:
Why not buy a 996 turbo :dont know:

:thumb:

Was going to say exactly this :grin: :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back