Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bring back Black exhaust, any advice

S A Watt

I recently bought a Cayman GTS and have spent quite a bit of time cleaning and detailing the car. So now really happy with it other than one thing.

Pesky black exhaust tips.

They have lost paint and look mis-coloured and spoil the back of the car.

I had chrome ones on my previous Cayman which were easy to clean with Autosol :thumb:

I'm sure I'm not the only one to see this.

Any solutions to the problem. Can we retreat them with anything that won't come off and looks original finish. Have the Porsche warranty so don't want them saying I have tampered with it.

I have attached a photo. I know it's not much but damned annoying.

I think I remember someone on Facebook saying this is caused by the chemicals that cheapo hand car wash places use :dont know:

Would annoy the t!ts off of me too :sad:

:thumb:

Isn't there a heat resistant powder coating process that could be used to sort that back to black?

41yQnFovILL.jpg

:grin:

Guys the car is just over 2 years old so still in its 3 year warranty.

I have read on the Mecan forum that this is a very common problem.

Do you think Porsche would replace on warranty.

Would they replace with chrome ones or should I keep black.

The really should not do this should they?

Any advice welcome

S A Watt said:
Guys the car is just over 2 years old so still in its 3 year warranty.

I have read on the Mecan forum that this is a very common problem.

Do you think Porsche would replace on warranty.

Would they replace with chrome ones or should I keep black.

The really should not do this should they?

Any advice welcome

Porsche replaced the tips on my GTS under warranty at 2 years old. Within 12m the black was coming off again. I didn't bother asking again, maybe I should have 🤷"â™‚️.

I never used a cheap car wash or inferior products on the car.

I just think it's a poor quality coating.

You can blacken steel yourself by a Brunofixing process; however I don't think it would the same glossy finish.

Give Carrara monkey a PM as he sent his off somewhere to get a coating of very high temp matt black and they looked great :thumb: :thumb:

It seems that this could be a problem.

Good to know you had yours replaced after 2 years as that it the age on my car.

I have emailed my local Porsche centre with pictures and asked them if they will replace under warranty as many other have been replaced.

I problem I will have to try to look at a coating. Hopefully Porsche will come up trumps though.

I treated my tips to several coats of barbeque Matt black. It compliments the black lower part el above the exhaust. If the car is under warranty though, I'd be asking for replacement. If that is declined then the BBQ Matt black is a cost effective option.

Just a quick update guys.
Looks like Porsche will replace the pipes under warranty👍
They have to be ordered but OPC says they will get them in and give me a shout to get them on.

All good now guys.

PORSCHE Aberdeen replaces them under warranty today👍

All happy now

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back