Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What did you buy your 993 this week ?

ch3tman said:
Fulla said:
Mobil 1 Sticker from ebay.
Full Gtechniq Crystal Serum detail
Full interior detail - Seats look better then when I bought the car!
Awaiting some photos so I can post. Used Elite Detailers in Maindenhead and can highly recommend.
Looks like they've posted some pics already... paint looks glass smooth! 8)

1jGj347.jpg

F9vAlQD.jpg

Would like to learn what they mean by referring to "lacquerer re-levelling" especially given your recent paintwork - what issue does it address / how does it occur? Is it common with new paint?

The re-levelling was due to the recent work I had done. In Elites opinion the paintwork could have been done better, or to be more precise the lacquer was not smooth but had an orange peel effect. So they had to smooth it back.
What they have done is amazing and it does look like glass now, and it's faster as the surface of the car is a smooth as a.....:)

badlands said:
ch3tman said:
Fulla said:
Mobil 1 Sticker from ebay.
Full Gtechniq Crystal Serum detail
Full interior detail - Seats look better then when I bought the car!
Awaiting some photos so I can post. Used Elite Detailers in Maindenhead and can highly recommend.
Looks like they've posted some pics already... paint looks glass smooth! 8)

1jGj347.jpg

F9vAlQD.jpg

Would like to learn what they mean by referring to "lacquerer re-levelling" especially given your recent paintwork - what issue does it address / how does it occur? Is it common with new paint?

That looks like great work. May I ask what condition your (marble grey?) seats were in before the detail? Mine are starting to suffer from the fact I only ever wear black jeans. Also it looks like at some point a previous owner tried to dye one part of the passenger seat & messed it up as it's not a great colour match, at least in sunlight. Am basically wondering whether a proper detail will do the job or whether I need a visit to someone like southbound...

My seats are a flouncy "Provence Blue"..The seats had seen 165k miles worth of arse and on the drivers side had a shine greater then the suns and wear and wrinkles like a rhinos scrotum.The interior work has really lifted the look and feel, a mate said it looked like new inside. Seats still have some wrinkles but the colour match is perfect and they are all matt now. I'll ask to see if Elite has some before and after of the interior. If yours looks tired, go see them and see what they would advice.

Brilliant thanks - will do, I'm around Maidenhead lots as parents in law live there

The Form-a-Funnel is great so simple. With the RS sills it makes it difficult to access the drain plug. There is a small cover plate in the sill and once removed the funnel can be shaped to go through the hole.
Moss Motors ebay site.

Endoman said:
The Form-a-Funnel is great so simple. With the RS sills it makes it difficult to access the drain plug. There is a small cover plate in the sill and once removed the funnel can be shaped to go through the hole.
Moss Motors ebay site.

Sounds interesting - I was thinking about this as I fitted mine....
How do you go on with the filter though - do you have to release the wheel arch liner?

Wheel arch liner needs to be removed to get at the filter. Just drained the tank this afternoon, only slight spillage due to the initial surge which overcame the funnel. The tank drain plug head is a bit chewed up so I've ordered a new one, it should be 15mm but I needed a grip nut remover to loosen it.
Ordered a new crankcase drain plug as well just in case.
I noticed the main leak was from the pressure relief valve plug ( the horizontal one nearest the clutch housing) so a new washer is going on there.
Evidently a common mistake getting it mixed up with the oil drain plug so it may have been disturbed at some time.
Removed arb and may remove oil return pipe to get at the small filter.
First time I've done it on the 993, so much more involved than the 944.
Jackal's site a great help.

Attachments

• pressure_relief_valves_128.jpg
    pressure_relief_valves_128.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 4,000
Spirited run out today in the warm sunshine... some great Yorkshire roads and inevitably game birds galore... Trust me to hit one at many leptons!

New bumper required?

C.

Attachments

• oct_11_2018_898.png
    oct_11_2018_898.png
    639 KB · Views: 4,106
Oh dear, well at least you can eat it.
Smashed the grill of swwbo's Mito last year she refused to pluck it.

Looking on the bright side, it's a good excuse to get the front arch liners out and bumper off for a good clean out... :thumb:

C.

Annual service at SP Autobahn in Stirling, just the oil change and filtera required.

Mot and tax also!

cableguy said:
Spirited run out today in the warm sunshine... some great Yorkshire roads and inevitably game birds galore... Trust me to hit one at many leptons!

New bumper required?

C.

a good body shop should be able to fix that without you needing a new one.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanjf
Back