Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Techart Springs - Group Buy

Just a quick note, if we do get it down to £355 inc VAT and Carriage or Lower with more forum members interested then thats great ill be 100% interested but if we dont make the numbers to get it to that price then i dont think ill be in on it for anymore money then stated, as i wont fitting them tell next year some time with new suspension. No pont me having paid almost full price for them to be sitting in my garage.. if that makes sence.. as circumstances could change in between and dont wanna be loosing money for any reason..

Cheers..

J

Thanks to you and Phil for fitting price info
Richtw said:
Its about 6 hours work to remove the shocks remove and refit the springs so bank on about £500 plus VAT depending on where you have the work done!

Very helpful thanks buddy
-- 997 -- said:
Lordjimimac said:
I'm tempted - anyone know how much fitting at an Indy would cost?
Are these ok with 7/15 spacers on a c4s?
Is a full geo/allingnent needed after?
Cheers

Hi james, with the sapcers you go it would benefit more as regards to looks its good for C2S and C4S, in my opinion and am sure everyone else would vouch is that they are the best springs to go for and the lowering is just right!! As phil says once before that a full geo allignment would benefit for road handling. Fitting lowering springs wont be much as all depends on an individual indy.... am sure someone on the forum could let us know if their experiance..

Cheers

J

Hi ,

I could be interested in this. I have front top mounts to do and some other possible suspension creeks which will result in a new GEO... so maybe this is the perfect time to upgrade the springs.

As posted above already would be keen to improve stance and performance have also been considering spacers..

Andy

Hi,

I managed to tag on to the last group buy and I would highly recommend the Techart spring. A couple of photos showing a standard 997.1 Carrera with standard supension vs my car with the Techart springs.

Go for it!

Attachments

• lowered2_729.png
    lowered2_729.png
    139.8 KB · Views: 1,586
  • standard_suspension2_133.png
    standard_suspension2_133.png
    146.6 KB · Views: 1,586
Aphill80 said:
Just the post i wanted to see... QQ.. is this with or without PASM

drops 15mm with PASM and 20mm without PASM for the Techarts :thumb:

ok i have PASM Is 15mm from a stance point of view enough?

can/do people go lower?

A

Aphill80 said:
ok i have PASM Is 15mm from a stance point of view enough?

can/do people go lower?

A

People do drop 25mm and 30mm but I liked the height with Techarts much less scraping over humps etc that I get with my gen2 dropped on H&R springs. and 15mm on a PASM thats already 10mm lower than a non PASM means in theory you should be 5mm lower than Jons non PASM car in the pic :thumb: IMO if you went lower it would start to look slammed

Ok, i have PASM when pressing the button will it lower to 15mm ? And pressing back again will take up to 20mm is that correct?

Cheers

J

-- 997 -- said:
Ok, i have PASM when pressing the button will it lower to 15mm ? And pressing back again will take up to 20mm is that correct?

Cheers

J

Hi J, what I managed to find out is:

if your car does not have PASM then the springs drop it by 20mm
if your car does have PASM then the springs drop it by 15mm, so in addition to pressing the PASM you will get a further 10mm:

Without PASM = 20mm
With PASM 15 + 10 = 25mm

Cheers,
John

Christ i am learning loads now..

So new question

if you leave car with PASM button pressed and switch off you get:

Full 25mm lower parked!

or

its self levels to an ignition off 15mm lower then stock

Andy

New Threads