Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Order of events...

Nice one! These cars handle so much better with even small tweaks to geometry.

Next time you go to CG, have a chat about whether welded tie rods would be a benefit to you. It's a small but noticeable difference to the steering's responsiveness.

Sutton said:
Nice one! These cars handle so much better with even small tweaks to geometry.

Next time you go to CG, have a chat about whether welded tie rods would be a benefit to you. It's a small but noticeable difference to the steering's responsiveness.

Agreed, my car handled like a pig, and tram-lined very badly before Chris and Pete worked their magic. I think the 993 is very sensitive to minor adjustments and whole kinematic thing!! :dont know:

Chris welded my tie rods, hard to notice the difference as it wasn't done in isolation, but car is well planted now.
A new set of boots made a massive difference to the tram-lining also, as my car is low mileage, the tyres were hard and out of date and aggravated the situation.

Would highly recommend Centre Gravity to sort any 993 :thumb:

Ditto worth every penny at CoG. You learn a lot too. Biggest transformation was the 944 which went down the straight like a crab before.

I tried to get a Geo done before I had a track day at Silverstone but all the places were booked up! I did track day and car was ropey on straights but great round the corners..

Still tried to get geo for my nxt track day at Brands but.... all booked up.. in desperation I took it to my local Phillips Tyers garage.. they had not ever done a geo on a Porsche... 1hr later and £60 I had a RS geo.. tow, ride heigh, camber.. I was SERIOUSLY impressed..

Brands hatch the car was like a new car, on rails.

I suspect of you have the correct equipment and can find the right numbers on the web, it shouldn't be too hard for a competent mechanic. Great to hear it was improved!

Have just returned from the full geometry set-up at Centre Gravity. It's made such a huge difference, I'm delighted. Before it felt jittery, got upset by bumps and was unhappy st speed. Now it feels like it's on rails - and suddenly I understand why everyone took their cars so much faster on autobahn than I did! I will join them now ;-)

Below is a before/after print of the changes. Thoroughly recommend it. (Mines set for fast road use - not track).

So happy :)

Attachments

• scan0060_125.jpg
    scan0060_125.jpg
    625.3 KB · Views: 1,229
  • scan0060a_186.gif
    scan0060a_186.gif
    586.4 KB · Views: 1,229
Tobesetc said:
Have just returned from the full geometry set-up at Centre Gravity. It's made such a huge difference, I'm delighted. Before it felt jittery, got upset by bumps and was unhappy st speed. Now it feels like it's on rails - and suddenly I understand why everyone took their cars so much faster on autobahn than I did! I will join them now ;-)

Below is a before/after print of the changes. Thoroughly recommend it. (Mines set for fast road use - not track).

So happy :)

Wow those rear settings were not good, no wonder you didn't fancy the high speed runs

Trev

I do seem to have been lucky that all parts needing replacement had been done but just not set up properly. Couple of new bushes, some serious geo work, and I'm sorted!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back