Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My 2014 981 Boxster GTS

For sure I'll avoid gritted or truly sodden roads, but I plan to keep using the Boxster over the winter. It's got a cosy interior even with the top down 👍

jonttt said:
........ so its now under cover ready to be unleashed next spring. What a great summer its been for a convertible and I've thoroughly enjoyed the car again this year.......

So, is it losing dough in the garage :dont know:

...... I wonder if Jonnttt also has a plinth ....... you are both is the same neck of the woods ....... :?:

:floor:

I took the 993 off SORN to drive it before the winter sets in :thumb:

Quite correct re the summer Jon. It has been fab for a convertible and at the moment isn't too bad either of a weekend.
Mines tucked up but hankering whether to re tax for the next months

jonttt said:
I've not had chance to drive the BGTS for the past month or so and I doubt I'll get much chance to drive it now before winter sets in so I took the opportunity in the glorious autumn weather today to give it a last blast of the year then wash and prep for storage......... so its now under cover ready to be unleashed next spring. What a great summer its been for a convertible and I've thoroughly enjoyed the car again this year.......
:?:

Hopefully will be joining you with a 981 this week. I put a deposit on one based on it passing a PPI from Porsche Wilmslow. Very excited.

Superb!
OPC Wilmslow if superb for parts :thumb:
You must nip down to my unit when you get it :thumb:
Pm me :wink:
Spec?????

isysman said:
Hopefully will be joining you with a 981 this week. I put a deposit on one based on it passing a PPI from Porsche Wilmslow. Very excited.

:thumb: Hopefully you'll be able to make the Nov meet in it ;-)

michelin said:
Superb!
OPC Wilmslow if superb for parts :thumb:
You must nip down to my unit when you get it :thumb:
Pm me :wink:
Spec?????

You need to get yourself over to the Monthly meet in Wilmslow :wink:

I do!
I didn't know there was one!
What's the date/frequency please Jon?
:worship:

michelin said:
I do!

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=130482

If you check out the meets section you can see posts from previous meets ;-) They have been happening every month this year for NW members. Just be prepared to put up with some dodgy accents
:wink:

jonttt said:
michelin said:
I do!

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=130482

If you check out the meets section you can see posts from previous meets ;-) They have been happening every month this year for NW members. Just be prepared to put up with some dodgy accents
:wink:

Yes another scouser :grin:

jonttt said:
isysman said:

:thumb: Hopefully you'll be able to make the Nov meet in it ;-)

Well as long as the PPI goes smoothly I'm hoping to collect it on Saturday.

Embarrassingly the BGTS has been in storage on SORN since last October. I would normally have put it back on the road at the start of April but a combination of :

- running the 993 in April to prove it actually exists
- massive work commitments (well massive for me :grin: )
- crap weather
- holidays

Have all meant its not budged an inch in 7 months :eek:

I intended getting it on the road yesterday but it rained solid all day :roll:

I need to get it out for the Manchester meet on Saturday but its hard to do when its just rain rain rain. This time last year it was glorious weather and I felt like I could not stop driving it but the weather is just not motivating me.

I need to sort myself out in the next couple of days :wack:

Funnily the same thing happened with me and my 911. Has been in storage since probably the last meet I attended in October and I intended to get it out and it rained all day.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back