Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Noobish axle stand question

MAZI

Trainee
My 997.2 is in winter storage and has a mysterious flat tyre. (it was fine when I parked it)

My question is:

Will I be ok leaving one corner up in the air on an axle stand for a few days or even a week whilst the wheel is away to get a new tyre or vulcanised repair.

Dont want any warning lights or PASM having a ***** fit!

Thanks in advance

It'll be fine. You can alarm it jacked up but if you move it still armed then the alarm will go off. Psm, etc. will all be fine.

I would probably put it on two stands, mainly for my mild OCD, but it will reduce any stresses that may be in the body. I don`t care how stiff you think the chassis is, it will have some flex in it. Plus I remember jacking up Austin Allegro`s on one corner and not being able to open a door :floor:

Think I might jack her up on the diff and put 2 axle stands on the rear jacking points.

:eek: Never jack your car up using the engine or gearbox!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back