Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Transforming a 996.

Not sure but that video has been stolen from the carwow channel on -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrDgQeBejtY

Seems like there is a large number of people doing this now on youtube in the hope of making some money from advertisements before anyone files copyright infringements.

Niall996 said:
Nice little video recently put up on You Tube. I'd be interested in what the forum think - seems like a very positive transformative thing to do. Not cheap but worth it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-UWFp5NYG0

I had a go at the RPM CSR configurator and was staggered by the costs. I left out any interior or exterior cosmetic additions and stuck purely to mechanical upgrades (including cheapest wheel options0 and it came in at 35k! One thing I didn't bother with was a CD holder delete (how hard is that?) for £3,700! EVO magazine published an upgrade cost of a bill 'approaching 20K. No chance.

https://csrporsche.co.uk/models/996-models/996-csr/996-csr-configurator/

Niall996 said:
Wh1t3Kn1ght said:

Seems like there is a large number of people doing this now on youtube in the hope of making some money from advertisements before anyone files copyright infringements.

How do you mean? Copyright etc?

Exactly that, YouTube is full of it, mostly people reposting other people's copyright infringement video's.eg Somebody posts up Harry potter audiobook read by Steven fry, adding in several paid ads, it stays up for a few weeks earning them ad revenues, other people download and repost doing the same thing, untill somebody bothers to act as police and report all the videos.
People also make wholely original content, other people download and repost on their own channels to generate ad revenue in the same manner. Answer is if you come across any video, click the report button to stop them cheating

asterix_the_gaul said:
Niall996 said:
Wh1t3Kn1ght said:

How do you mean? Copyright etc?

Exactly that, YouTube is full of it, mostly people reposting other people's copyright infringement video's.eg Somebody posts up Harry potter audiobook read by Steven fry, adding in several paid ads, it stays up for a few weeks earning them ad revenues, other people download and repost doing the same thing, untill somebody bothers to act as police and report all the videos.
People also make wholely original content, other people download and repost on their own channels to generate ad revenue in the same manner. Answer is if you come across any video, click the report button to stop them cheating

Ah I see. Interesting. I popped into the the guys videos and he only has four, this one with 10 views, and a couple of what look like family videos. Maybe he he's just a fan of 996's.

I am going through the transforming dilemma myself at the minute. Would love a CSR but I believe they are out of my budget, for now!

Do it yourself Blanc and save thousands upon thousands of pounds.

Even if you aren't handy with the spanners, choose some mods and source the parts direct e.g. Ohlins from a supplier not RPM and get your Indy to fit them. Unless your Indy is RPM. :grin:
I've nothing against RPM, they are trying to align themselves as a bit of a Singer for 996s, which is fine, but their prices reflect that.

£3700 for console delete?? Must be a typo and mean £370?
Still a lot given the parts cost about £120 and it takes less than an hour to do.

I'm going down a CSR on a budget route myself - it wont be anywhere near the spec, but hopefully get some of the benefits.

I've had the suspension on mine rebuilt, standard shocks but on HR springs with new coffin arms, top mounts, bushes etc. That has already transformed the cars feeling.

Next up is a few subtle interior mods, largely the steering wheel replacement (the same one as the CSR evo). Coupled with a new gear knob (if I can figure a way of fitting).

Next will be the ducktail spoiler. Followed by a look at the back box exhaust.

knw911 said:
I'm going down a CSR on a budget route myself - it wont be anywhere near the spec, but hopefully get some of the benefits.

I've had the suspension on mine rebuilt, standard shocks but on HR springs with new coffin arms, top mounts, bushes etc. That has already transformed the cars feeling.

Next up is a few subtle interior mods, largely the steering wheel replacement (the same one as the CSR evo). Coupled with a new gear knob (if I can figure a way of fitting).

Me too...... 'the poorman's CSR' :floor:

Fair play to RPM, a quality outfit who have taken the time to build a great demo car, many of us have similar aspirations for our own cars, just at a more wallet friendly level :thumb:

jezgreen911 said:
knw911 said:

Me too...... 'the poorman's CSR' :floor:

Fair play to RPM, a quality outfit who have taken the time to build a great demo car, many of us have similar aspirations for our own cars, just at a more wallet friendly level :thumb:

Have you seen the D911 ducktail? the photos are crap and whenever i call about it they never offer much help. Its cheaper than the RPM one (carbon vs fiberglass) but the RPM one is lovely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back