Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Dash speaker grill removal....

Richtw

Monza
anyone know how these come off? One side is buzzing on rough surface so just want to remove it, felt it and reinstall.....

Do they just pop out?

Thanks

Hello DeMort it is the little tweeter grills right and left on top of the dash I need to get out? Do they just prise out?

This is one of those questions thats easy when i look at the car but rather hard when im trying to picture it :(

The speakers seem to be under that cover .. i dont have any instructions that say they are seperate .. the whole item in the first picture comes off and that involves removeing the A pillar trims first .

To be honest that panel does cause noises along with the center trim .

Going by what i have im pretty sure the speaker covers dont just pull out .. they are bonded to the larger panel .

Attachments

• panel_1_468.jpg
    panel_1_468.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 2,171
Thanks deMort. Bit of deft with some trim tools and can report they have 2 retaining tabs toward the windscreen and a couple of clips to the rear! When the they come out they are foam backed and the foam has compressed hence the vibration as they are not tight in the clips. Bit of felt later and they are now solid!!

Thanks for the input as ever, we'd be lost without you! Need to tackle the centre one next!!

Can definitely say thar the actual grill just levers out ( took mine out and painted them):but to remove the speaker you'd have to remove part of the dash i expect.
Hope that helps, use plastic trim removal tool but protect dash leather. :thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jons123
Back