Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sudden shocker on my insurance

I go through this every year. If you are currently with AVIVA I would try Admiral because with me I tend to find on or the other would eventually be fine.

Cheers for the advice chaps. I went through a number of other bespoke brokers (Adrian flux etc etc) and got some good quotes - but they wanted to restrict my mileage to 5000.

The winner in the end was playing comparison site messabout. I got the initial quote playing around with a few options (which weren't totally accurate) , which I then went back and corrected on the underwroters site after the initial quote. The quote obviously went up once the details were amended to be accurate, but not as high as if you declared them at the outset.

I'm now only paying £100 more than last year... Which is good enough.

Aaaaaarrrrrrrgggghhhhhhh :pc: :pc: :pc: :pc:

Car Insurance just makes my head hurt, I will never understand how they structure their business models, ever :eh!:

Got my renewal "Invitation" on the 996 from Esure this morning. UP £203 from last year :eek:
The only changes from the last year are that my wife and I are one year older, (although she looks younger every day) respectively and one more year of no claims taking me to 11 years (not that this makes any difference, of course)

Called the renewals number and talked it through with a very clued up lady, who managed to bring the price down by £40 :roll: she also stated that the increase was due to changes in the law and the way compensation claims for injury are now calculated. I was aware of this but my understanding was that Insurance companies are liable for less and reduced cost in this area as a result. They make all of this up surely???

So, as ever, several times a year, back onto the comparison sites and also those companies that do not feature on the comparisons also.

Result!! Aviva were £129 less than last year for cover with more mileage, inclusive European driving and breakdown thrown in :thumb: :thumb:

So a better price compared to the renewal of £ 332. Seems like madness, how can the price vary so wildly?
Anyway, just goes to prove that a little time spent chasing down the numbers is always going to be prudent on every policy before you decide if to renew or move on.

Aviva hiked my renewal by about 30% this year too.

Co-op Insurance were nearly half the price of Aviva. But only pay out book value which could be bad news on an ageing 997 and an ageing Range Rover.

This makes me laugh the idea of an awareness course is to make you a better driver and everything on the course is designed to do just that , its not a naughty boy course so why are Insurance companies treating guys that attend one as such , did you know you can ask to go on an awareness couse anytime and they encourage it as its about safety and improving driver awareness , So I am at a loss as to why Insurance companies treat you as a criminal and load the premium due to it. Robin Fookers thats all it is .

Have you tried LV? Aviva tried to up the premium even though I had been with them for a long time, would not budge.. moved on!
Is there anyone else like an advanced driver who can be added on to the policy?

alex yates said:
Job title. I own my own business, do design work, Engineering, machining and Toolmaking. Selecting anything from Owner, Director, Designer, Engineer, rubbing rag or s**thouse cleaner all make a big difference.

:?: I tried International Playboy and then Comedy Scriptwriter. Neither of which made much difference :nooo:

The lad's Polo and my X5 are both due up in August

Spent about an hour and a half on t'interweb and saved myself over £500 compared with the renewal prices from the current Insurance companies....

On one hand I feel quite satisfied but on the other hand.....

It's London. What's changed is London. It's finally reached the point where it's so much of a cesspool insurers are pulling the plug on it.

My motorcycle Insurance near trebled because I had class 1 business use and they assumed, therefore, living in commuter belt I'd ride into London. Took business use off, same as last year.

I think motor premiums will creep a little over next 6 months as the Ogden rate review hasn't turned out the way a lot had planned for, and had held off on rate action expecting things to get better. It got better but not by as much as expected.

try Classicline limited milage at 7500 per annum

Hopefully you wil lowe me a pint!

My cheapest last quote was £250 on the Cayman, most people are surprised by that. Girl at my work drives pieces of cr4p and her cover costs more.

The speed awareness course. I'm with Admiral (multiple car and van) and they used to specifically ask you about any speed awareness course attendance. To ramp up your premium, obvs. But then for whatever reason (probably legal) ceased recognising the speed awareness course.

I recently renewed again with them and sure enough, there was no mention of speed awareness courses this time. Which was rather handy because I've recently had to sit one :)

Insurance up by 50% as a result of moving OUT of London

Insurance up by 50% as a result of moving OUT of London

Yes, you read it correctly.

Currently in zone 3 in SE London but thinking of moving to Beds / Bucks area as a result of marriage breakdown.

Decided to do a few quotes and was bogsmacked to see that they are 50% more than I am currently paying.

What is the world coming to ..........

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back